H1 Tag does Not Take Effect - Question | JoomShaper

H1 Tag does Not Take Effect

SA

Sam Bin Ameera

SP Page Builder 1 year ago

Hello hey and hi.

Been using Helix template since 2015 and I want to tell you all a joke, I just today found out that none of my articles and pages have the proper H1 tag! they are all being affected by the default H1 tag which is my website title. That said I have an immediate problem:

I made a page using SP Page Builder (Component version 3.8.3) and also I am using Joomla 3.10.11 then assigned it to the main menu of my website. Now I can not assign a proper H1 tag to this content, here is what I have tried:

1-I have tried to mame the first row as a Heading content and make it H1. 2-I have assigned the desired heading title in Page Display option under main Menu option

Above done but when I check my content with any on-page SEO checker, one of the detected issues is "You are using more than 1 H1 tag on your webpage" and when I remove what I have done above (1 and 2), they say "You are not using your focus keyword/phrase in H1 tag". The H1 tag they detect on all pages is my website name.

Finally I tried to exclude my website name and I get "You are not using any H1 tag" even when I enabled what I have done above (1 and 2)

17 Answers
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #109823

Then use below Custom CSS

#sp-header .logo span {
  font-size: 24px;
  line-height: 1;
  margin: 0;
  padding: 0;
  display: table-cell;
  vertical-align: middle;
  padding: 0 20px 0 0;
  border-right: 1px solid #ddd;
font-family: Luckiest Guy, sans-serif;
font-weight: normal;
color: #0081c2;
}

Remember that you have CSS compression, so must be reloaded after using above CSS.

Whole rest in your hands becuase you don't have our template, wt_duvana!, it only use our Helix3 engine.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #109798

Hi Sam,

And if you preview source code of your page(s) how many H1 tags you see?

I have many private websites built using J3.10 (still) and SPPB 3.8.9 and I have only one H1 there.

I have to see at least one page and/or get access then we can about details, otherwise ... I am blind.

SEO online tools sometimes cache results, so you may not see code changes so fast, after you make changes on your website, it's a popular issue. Also if your site uses caching.

SA
Sam Bin Ameera
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #109807

Thank you for your response.

I undrstand what you are saying but I think there is a forced h1 tag on my template and I dont know where to edit that.

I dont want my website name to b forcd as h1 tag on all my website.

I have checkd th source cod and I see 21 instancs of H1 but the main on is the top one. I have shared it below as well.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #109813

Ok, I found.

The problem is inside your template, first < h1 > is used for the LOGO text (!) that as we both know is mistake.

You have to edit template code and correct that - this should be your first step.

In our Helix Ultimate 2.0.x we don't use < h1 > for logo anymore.

If your template is based on old Helix - edit that file: features\logo.php - find < h1 > and replace / or delete, but this same style (color, size).

SA
Sam Bin Ameera
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #109816

Appreciate the help pal.

Could you plz lt me know how I should access the template file?

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #109818

Using FTP tool , File Manager from cPanel or Phoca Commander component.

But if you have Joomla 3.10 or Joomla 4x - you should be also be able to edit template files thru Joomla Template Manager

EXAMPLE

info_747_2023.png

SA
Sam Bin Ameera
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #109821

Understood, am I in the right place now? I see 9x H1 instances hre, which one should I delete?

https://ibb.co/NTyP0fw

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #109822

Replace ALL but focus on lines >80+ where the text logo code is.

< h1> and < /h1>

with

<span> and </span>

I hope you know HTML basics.

SA
Sam Bin Ameera
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #109824

My knowledge in HTML and webcoding is very limitd but I am trying to learn.

Whn you said "Then use below Custom CSS" do you mean I can just clear the data on that logo.php file and replace them all with just the custom css provided above?

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #109825

About using custom CSS in Helix3 > https://www.joomshaper.com/documentation/helix-framework/helix3/custom-css-header-code

In general in template settings > Custom Code > Custom CSS

and paste there. Example:

SA
Sam Bin Ameera
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #109826

Thats for all the hlp, I think I have done it, thank you.

You mentioned "Remember that you have CSS compression, so must be reloaded after using above CSS"

Would a cache reload be enough or do I have to make that reload from somewhere else?

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #109829

I am not JCH_Optimize support - but as you probably noticed, it has Clean Cache button inside - use it.

SA
Sam Bin Ameera
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #109836

it has Clean Cache button inside - use it.

I mean that one yes, done.

All is working perfect now.

Thank you Paul.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #109953

Oh, if like buy me a coffee, why not.

SA
Sam Bin Ameera
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #109981

Thanks pal, sent.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #110045

Thanks a lot, it wasn't a small coffee but huge one :)

SA
Sam Bin Ameera
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #110046

Well desrved.

I dont like taking things for granted and what you did for me will help me lot in the long run.