Why is Joomshaper Still Selling The Travelin Template? - Question | JoomShaper

Why is Joomshaper Still Selling The Travelin Template?

SM

Sean Mellis

Template 1 year ago

Question: why is Joomshaper still selling the Travelin template when by its own admission the booking engine doesn't work?

To any Joomshaper user reading this thread: I bought the Travelin template because it looked cool, and because it had the following things to say about its booking component:

"Travelin integrates the SP Booking component that allows users to book their trips, manage accommodations, as well as bring all-inclusive functionalities to the tour or travel website you are dreaming of. With endless customization freedom, the template is sure to create travel thirst among your visitors."

This claim from Joomshaper is complete and utter horseshit, folks. Do not but it. It does not work, It will not be supported, You will be angry. Joomshaper will not care. They will already have your money. You will feel stupid. You will waste even more money looking for a proper booking module. Your clients will be angry with you.

My last response from Joomshaper regarding the SPBooking module was essentially "Tough luck sucker, but thanks for your cash." You can read the thread Here. For anyone considering the Travelin template, or SPBooking: I have now spent an additional $600 to engage a dev and try out a few third-party booking modules. Still not finished, but I think Solidres is the clear winner. If I am correct and Solidres works, I will have spent an additional thousand dollars on a freelance developer plus multiple modules and plugins. Just to get this abomination of a Joomshaper template to work properly for my client.

Note: The $1,000 I mention does not include the dozens of hours of my own time, or the bruised client goodwill.

Another note: Joomshaper admits its booking module doesn't work. They can't be bothered to support it, but they're happy to keep selling it. What does that tell you about the company's ethics?

1 Answers
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #111389

Hi there,

I appreciate you reaching out. I sincerely apologize for this oversight. I will manage it as soon as possible.

https://prnt.sc/1HZMlFmFmKPM

-Thanks