Themis Template - Blog Articles Appear 'expired'. - Question | JoomShaper

Themis Template - Blog Articles Appear 'expired'.

R

Randall

Template 11 months ago

Hi, I need to fix Blog articles appearing as 'expired' (article view).. Articles are obviously Published and have appropriate dates!!

I installed the Quickstart Themis template package and updated Joomla + Helix Ult, but I have my doubts if maybe this has something to do with Themis 'Overrides' since we're now in Joomla 4.3.1 and no there's been NO Themis updates for a while...

Any news on template Themis Update to all the latest specs.. Joomla 4.3.1 and all 'Overrides'!!

Thank you.

https://ibb.co/Hpw31mM

Joomla 4.3.1 Helix Ult 2.0.12 SP Builder 3.8.10

13 Answers
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 11 months ago #116236

Hi

Thanks for contacting us. I will inform our team about it so that they will update this template soon.

-Regards.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 11 months ago #116250

If I may, by I suggest using Joomla Language override and just override that phrase with empty space. And will be hidden totally.

R
Randall
Accepted Answer
11 months ago #116260

Paul... No, that is not acceptable.. By being 'Expired', the Article Details (Category, Date) will NOT show.. That's the issue here.

You need to figure out the problem with this Template in current Joomla version. Can someone fully 'update' this template? And actually check the Overrides? There's quite a few...

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 11 months ago #116261

It was temporray solution. If somebody cannot wait.

R
Randall
Accepted Answer
11 months ago #117074

Hello, any news on this??

We need this template's Overrides checked & updated NOW!!

J
John
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #142784

Hello,

Is this problem solved? I met the same.

Thanks.

R
Randall
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #142785

Hi @John.. Not fixed yet!! Themis template is not fully functional.

Lack of fixing/updating 'Overrides' is a big issue here.

I'm pretty much giving up on this and will probably ask for some refund.

J
John
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #142885

I found below code in the forum:

.article-header span.label.label-warning { display: none; }

https://www.joomshaper.com/forum/question/9055

It works, another solution in below forum doesn't work:

https://www.joomshaper.com/forum/question/12099

Seems many templates have the same problem, is it caused by Joomla 4?

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 4 months ago #142913

To be honest I don't remember, but probably something was changed in CMS core that cause that issue.

R
Randall
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #142993

@John, the problem with Overrides is that a lot of templates were created under Joomla 3 (Themis), and going into Joomla 4 (and obviously now 5) we end up with some "deprecated" functions/code in those Overrides..

When you upgrade Joomla, you have to check & update template Overrides accordingly.. As well as Extensions (SP Simple Portfolio) that came with that template. Those Overrides don't get updated properly by Joomshaper. Quick fixes offered like just hiding 'Expired' worsen things because then you cannot display the real article details.

I detailed some things in this follow up post from june 2023: https://www.joomshaper.com/forum/question/24899#qa-answer-119047

B
Boudewijn
Accepted Answer
3 months ago #146328

Yes, unfortunately fixing stuff / updating is not their priority...at all. It is taking months or ...maybe even years. There is really a lack of decent basic support. Although they advertise as Joomla 5 compatible. I use Indigo. Also originally designed in J3.

I tried QuickStart 4.2 but it was a big mess.

For expired articles, I tried several options with no luck. First it took me ages to find out, because the label is white on a white BG so the only visible effect was some shifting in the layout.

-Anyway, i gave up and now I just fill in a Finish Publishing date for 2034 and the label is gone.

Good luck!

J
John
Accepted Answer
3 months ago #146360

Hi Boudewijn,

"Expired" will disapper if you set a future Finish Publishing date, but the Article Info will also not display if you set the position to Above.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 month ago #150747

Yes, in "Publishing date" set 1 year before today.