Article Override Layout Option With Full-width Sections - Question | JoomShaper

Article Override Layout Option With Full-width Sections

G

Graeme

Feature Request 10 months ago

It would be great to have an Article override layout Which could be chosen when you want to have SPPB-integrated articles which can have full-width sections. I know there is an option in the template styles but once selected all articles become fluid Which is not very helpful.

I use this alot on sites. I achieve this with some CSS developed on this forum SPPB Full Width Section for articles and sppb modules and i have to create Page class overrides to change the page spacing and css to remove the The Social media bar

I currently have two sites which each has over a 150 SPPB Articles and I use this on various other sites but with fewer pages I think it would be importnt to have this conform to the current Bootstarp used The CSS i use was for SPPB 3 and i can see this becomeming out dated as the Helix and SPPB eveolve.

5 Answers
Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 10 months ago #118589

Hello Graeme

You can follow a trick for this. For example, I have created an Article layout (name: sppbarticle.php) here in Helix Ultimate template:

templates/shaper_helixultimate/html/com_content/article/sppbarticle.php

Now, on all SP Page Builder articles, I will select this layout sppbarticle.

https://prnt.sc/LhwKqqVNapHv

On Joomla articles, I will select the default layout. In this way, you can achieve your desired thing.

Best regards

AF
Andrew Freeman
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #119116

Hi Ofi,

I'm currently trying to do this. I've created a new php and used the code that's in the default.php in the directory you listed.

When I select it in the article I just get a white page through. What should the content of the .php be to make this work?

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 9 months ago #120590

Hello Andrew Freeman

You can take the file content from here:

templates/shaper_helixultimate/html/com_content/article/default.php

Then customize it as per your requirement.

Best regards

G
Graeme
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #119144

Hi Andrew This has a better explanation on how to set up an overide https://www.joomshaper.com/.../template-views-override

i have set up the instructions but I was going to duplicate the file @ templates/shaper_helixultimate/html/com_content/article/article.php But this just calls a file require HelixUltimate\Framework\Platform\HTMLOverride::loadTemplate();

As i basically i want edit verison of the default template I have no idea which file i need to edit or which file i need to copy the contents of to edit and replace the above call Dont really have enough understanding To achive this

In Joomla you would just duplicate the folder and rename it then then edit the file article.php

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 9 months ago #120591

Thanks for sharing your knowledge. Please accept the answer to close the post if your issue is fixed.