Is There A Way To Transfer Just J3 Pagebuilder Articles To J4 - Question | JoomShaper

Is There A Way To Transfer Just J3 Pagebuilder Articles To J4

BB

Brian Baldwin

SP Page Builder 10 months ago

I want to start over with a clean site, not a messy try and upgrade to J4.
But I need to keep the hundreads of J3 PB integrated articles. Is there a good way to do this? I think I tried before and Joomla wasnt picking up all of the articles correctly. So checking to see if anyone has done this and what the best way to do it is.
Thanks

4 Answers
BB
Brian Baldwin
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #120188

So to update this is how I did it which worked out great. I installed in a sub folder a Joomla 3. (same version). I left it at basic install. Added the SP Page Builder and all the components and themes that matched. Then in the tables dropped the articles and categories and imported the existing site articles and categories, as well as the user database and had to re-add some modules to match as well. Copied over the images folder (since I run my own serer that was easy with command line). Now I did have to go in and change a few module ID's etc... to match because they had to match in artiles (ie banners and ad components).

Then did the Joomla 4 upgrade (not a single conflict or warning for incompatible components). This was a fresh clean install and then upgrade.

Then went in and finished adding the components I wanted and needed.

This ended up being a little bit more work that I was hoping for but I am happy with it as now I do not havve any conflicts, messy code from things that are no longer used etc...

My older site has been running for 5 years, so almost 1800 articles with images

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 10 months ago #119469

Hello Brian Baldwin

There is way. You can export/import the database tables. Export 2 database tables from Joomla 3 site.

1. xxxxx_content
  2. xxxxx_sppagebuilder

Then import these database tables on your new Joomla 4 site. Make sure to use the correct prefix on the new site.

Best regards

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 10 months ago #119629

Please ignore my first reply and DO NOT EXPORT/IMPORT database tables. This might be fatal for the new site. There is no good way without doing manually. You can export/import articles from the administrator one by one. I understand that it is a huge work but risk free.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 10 months ago #120292

Awesome! Glad to hear that you have figured it out.

Please accept any answer to close the issue. There is a button to accept answer after each comment.