JCE Bugs In SPPB 5 Backend Editor - Question | JoomShaper

JCE Bugs In SPPB 5 Backend Editor

Pavel

Pavel

SP Page Builder 10 months ago

Hi Guys.

1. In Backend editor - when you press the expansion button, additional tags P are added to the editor. Each press adds them more and more

1. In Backend editor - it is not possible to delete part of the text starting on the second attempt. The first attempt is triggered, but subsequent attempts do not work anymore. And at the same time they continue to add p tags.

1. Why is there no complete set of all JCE icons?

40 Answers
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 10 months ago #122031

Hi

Thanks for contacting us. I will add it in our bug list so that our team will take care of it.

-Regards.

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #122033

Hi Mehtaz. Thanks

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 10 months ago #122143

You are always welcome.

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #123302

Hi. NOT fixed in v 5.0.2

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #123306

UPD.

Now this is not related to the expansion button.

Just add a text addon, add a new tag p by pressing Enter and get it.

Any attempts to delete this through the backpace only increase the number of new tags p

Also the settings from JCE are not transmitted to the SPPB backend editor. The set of the editor icons goes by default. But I have a complete set of icons. The P tag is added by default, but I have first "no tag", second "paragraph" settings. And all this is disagree with the frontend SPPB editor - there are no these problems.

JCE in SPPB backend

JCE in SPPB frontend

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 10 months ago #123434

Do you faced this issue on sppb 5.0.3?

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #123528

Hi Mehtaz. Yes, the same in sppb 5.0.3

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 10 months ago #123640

Ok I will add it also.

JH
Jeff Honeyager
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #123652

I'm having the same issues with JCE and PageBuilder Pro. To edit PBP pages I have to disable the JCE editor. NOT a solution.

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 10 months ago #123669

I have already added it on our bug list. I hope it will be solved soon.

R
Rein
Accepted Answer
9 months ago #123947

This problem still exists in version 5.0.5 and now also with JCE Pro. Trying to edit existing text is impossible and any keystroke in existing text just adds a new P tag as mentioned earlier by Pavel. Until version 5.0.2 this problem was absent when using JCE Pro. So still relying on old SPPB 3 as long as these flaws aren't fixed because SPPB 5 isn't stable enough for production sites right now.

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
9 months ago #126041

Not fixed in 5.0.7

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 9 months ago #126133

Ok I will inform our team again.

PD
Peter Dowse
Accepted Answer
9 months ago #126934

I am also experiencing the issue with all of the JCE editor buttons not being display. I'm forced to rearrange the icons in the JCE profile to get them to display.

Not sure why you would restrict the editing options for JCE editor. They should either ALL be displayed or alternatively have an option to expand to show all the editing icons.

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 9 months ago #127066

I have already informed our team, I hope it will solve very soon.

A
Andrew
Accepted Answer
8 months ago #129302

Having the same issue. Adding paragraph marks before and after content in Text block. Can be deleted in code view but are immediately added if editor tab is selected, even before a save.

• Joomla 4.3.3 • JCE 2.9.41 • SP PageBuilder 5.0.9

NOTE: If the first tag IS a paragraph mark they aren't added If H1, H2 etc the extra p tags are added.

Core Joomla articles editing in JCE are not effected. Changing to TinyMCE in Global Config fixes the problem but JCE has to be used.

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 8 months ago #129888

Hi

I have informed our team already, I hope they will inform us soon.

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #131561

Not fixed in 5.0.10

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 7 months ago #131591

Sorry for this inconvenience. I will inbox them about it as a higher priority so that they will fix it ASAP.

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #132946

Not fixed in 5.1.3

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 7 months ago #132977

I have already informed our team, they said it may take some time, Allow them some time please.

A
Andreas
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #133064

We will wait several months. Like before. It's sad. The editor poduces ever & ever these breaks. It destroys often the layouts.

From the best editor to the buggiest editor.

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 7 months ago #133181

Sorry for this inconvenience.

P
Pirosoft
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #133888

Hi, I've the same issues with all my websites, and are not possible work in this conditions.

Usually I use JCE Pro, that have Code Editor integrated, and insert/modified by this feature are not saved!

I'ts possible to have a fast fix thie issues? Should be a priority.

If that are not fixed I will be to swhitch to another builder.

Regards

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 7 months ago #133900

Sorry for this inconvenience. I have already informed our team, Allow us some time please.

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #133962

Usually I use JCE Pro, that have Code Editor integrated, and insert/modified by this feature are not saved!

Hi Pirosoft. Workaround - after adding code, switch from the code tab to the main tab, then save

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 7 months ago #133931

Hi Pavel,

Could you please try this solution? Please let me know if this solves your problem or not.

The solutions of <p> tag issue are:

If the user wants to avoid the <p> tag, they can press Shift+Enter. This is the default behavior in the JCE editor. If the user wants to avoid the <p> tag when pressing Enter, they can adjust the JCE editor settings: Go to JCE Editor > Global Configuration.

Under "Container Element & Enter Key" option, select "None: Line Break."

Save the changes.

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #133960

Hi Mehtaz. My setting in JCE "None: p.". I do not want to avoid using P, as this is an important tag for SEO. This is not due to use Shift+Enter or Enter. P tags are added as soon as you place the cursor in the input field. And further editing is not possible.

There are no workarounds. This is definitely a bug that should be fixed.

P
Pirosoft
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #133955

Hi Mehtaz we already the other option of "Container Element & Enter Key" but the results is worse than default with <p>:

are insered many &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; before content and many <p>&nbsp;</p> and the editor are not editable!

Sorry, but this are a important standard function and need to work. Otherwise us and for our customers is an unease and it's impossible to work fine. I can't believe that after many month by the release of the new sppb there is this issues still open. We need a fixed solution asap!

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 7 months ago #133990

@Pavel The developer team has requested access to the site and a screencast video.

P
Pirosoft
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #134017

Hi Toufiq, I could send a website access if it can be useful to check and fix this bugs

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #134029

@Toufiq access in hidden contents. At the same time, you can check this problem there too

https://www.joomshaper.com/forum/question/25875

You don't need a video. Just read my description - it is easy to reproduce on your test site with a clean installation. I hope you have it.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 7 months ago #134087

Got it & descrive it to our developer team. Thanks

Karen Dunne
Karen Dunne
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #134220

I'm joining this thread because I discovered this issue, too.

This is the first time I've used v. 5, specifically 5.1.4, which I installed only a few days ago. Up until now, I've stayed on 3.8.10.

Boy, do I regret moving to 5. It's insane to not be able to do the most basic step in building a website -- adding text!

JCE is the most widely used editor in all of Joomla. I use the Pro version. To suggest changing editors is not an appropriate solution.

All software is up to date.

Of note, the backend editor and the front end editor don't even show the same content. I've been a user of Helix and SPPB for a long time. This level of inoperability would cause a company to go bankrupt. Please use the product before releasing it to your customers. Pavel reported this a very, very long time ago.

To see the insanity in action, please watch this screen recording: https://www.loom.com/share/824748ac67b643e986674f6bc2852353?sid=59c428f5-acd5-4cf4-8022-a4c10ae90289

In the meantime, please provide direction on how to revert to 3.8.10. I can't afford to be a beta tester when I have deadlines to meet. My gosh I miss the straightforward interface of the backend editor in version 3.

P
Pirosoft
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #134222

Two months after I reported the problem. With each correction, more errors are added. It seems that customers need to solve the problem instead of Joomshaper. https://www.joomshaper.com/forum/question/26333

Karen Dunne
Karen Dunne
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #134223

Disregard my request for direction on how to downgrade to v. 3.8. I found plenty of posts from other Joomshaper customers asking to do the same thing. If this post gets any attention, please consider duplicating the backend editor from v. 3 for use in v. 5. It worked well. Plus, the text addon actually provided space to add text instead of a teeny-tiny window that's in v. 5. I mean, please, it's a text addon, give it some space to work with text.

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #134261

Hi Karen.

I mean, please, it's a text addon, give it some space to work with text.

Try this button

Karen Dunne
Karen Dunne
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #134351

Thanks, Pavel.

EM
Elmir Mustafic
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #135814

This problem is still present. The strange thing i have it with TinyMCE too... If i delete empty tags and switch to style tab of addon it adds empty tag again... https://prnt.sc/uMI6wHi2GiaL

It's impossible to work like this.

A
Andrew
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #135828

Still waiting on a fix or this but for those still frustrated the only relaible workaround I have found is to use the heading add-on for EVERYTHING, as in paragraph blocks as well. It feels like you are using the Wordpress Gutenberg editor but you don't get the never ending replication of paragraph tags since JCE isn't involved.