Newsberg Template Incompatible With PHP8 - Question | JoomShaper

Newsberg Template Incompatible With PHP8

Paco Guio

Paco Guio

Template 9 months ago

Hello, I have a news website created with the Newsberg template for a few years now. This template is not compatible with PHP8. I beg you to update it so as not to have the security gap of not having updated something so important. This suggestion has already been made months ago in some forum threads. The last one I have seen was from 6 months ago where you said that the update was in process, but after waiting so long with the insecure site due to not having a stable PHP version, I thought it convenient to remember it. This is very important. Thank you so much

7 Answers
Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 9 months ago #124361

Hi there!

Sorry for your experience.

I will ask the team and will let you know about it.

Best Regards

Paco Guio
Paco Guio
Accepted Answer
8 months ago #125906

Hello. Users of outdated templates, we still have a huge security breach on our sites thanks to your inaction. I think that you are not taking this matter seriously and it is something very important that you should solve as soon as possible. I'm still waiting for your answer

Paco Guio
Paco Guio
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #129049

Hello again. I am still waiting for them to solve this problem, not only in the Newsberg template, there are many templates that are not yet compatible with PHP 8. Please, I strongly urge you to update the Newsberg template, it is vital for my project. Thank you

S
Sylwia
Accepted Answer
5 months ago #140107

I join the request! And I don't understand how you aren't ashamed that so many of us have been asking for an important update for many months. And you are unable to create a schedule of changes and updates and work according to it. Newsberg should now be compatible with J 5 and PHP 8 in the highest version. We pay more and more for membership, and security patches and updates are increasingly slow. ;-(

Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 5 months ago #140115

Hi all,

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience.

The Newsberg template is compatible with Joomla 4 since 2021.

Yes, PHP compatibility is delaying for it. However, we are working for higher PHP support and Joomla 5 for our Helix Ultimate based templates, and you will find many of them already got both from here:

https://www.joomshaper.com/joomla-templates?start=0&support=joomla5%2Cphp8

PHP 8 supported templates: https://www.joomshaper.com/joomla-templates?start=0&support=php8

Rests will get it soon. Please allow us time.

Have a nice day!

Paco Guio
Paco Guio
Accepted Answer
5 months ago #140121

You are late, you have put us in a serious bind and it was an unsustainable situation. I have changed all the sites I had with Joomshaper templates. To Astroid, a framework with many more updates and instant support. Not only have I done this, I know of many people in my circles who have done the same. I'm sorry, you haven't been up to par.

Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 4 months ago #140425

Sorry for not being there and not up to the mark in your oinion. But we are trying hard. None of the delayes are intentional though...

Have a nice day!