SP Booking Calendar Module - No Documentation - Availability Display And Calculation? - Question | JoomShaper

SP Booking Calendar Module - No Documentation - Availability Display And Calculation?

pepperstreet

pepperstreet

Extension 8 months ago

Hello, I am curious about the SP Booking availability check and display in frontend. The current 2 booking demos seem not to display any booked/free days inside a calendar. Is ther any calendar module with this feature? The documentation does not mention such a module.

The current demo sites show a rough availability count below the item. But the calculation is very strange and not usable! As soon as I enter a date range that lies only 1 day outside of an existing booking range... the item is still marked as available! In the real world, this would lead to many, many overlapping bookings!?! The check seem to work only, if date ranges overlap 100%. Or a shorter range fits inside a previous date range.

Is there any chance that this check is improved? Or any chance for a real calendar display?

13 Answers
Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 8 months ago #127935

Hello pepperstreet

Apology for the inconvenience. I could not get your issue. Please share a screenshot of your issue to understand it better. Take a screenshot and share via any platform. For example: Lightshot or Imgur

Best regards

pepperstreet
pepperstreet
Accepted Answer
8 months ago #128420

Agree ;) Hard to explain in pure text form. Maybe this color coded screenshot helps: https://imgur.com/a/f093s8j

I am aware of the challenge with multiple rooms per item. Nevertheless, the current calculation is not smart enough. See screenshot with the issue.

For single room/single item bookings a real avilability calendar should be displayed. A calendar that gives a preview of free and booked days.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 8 months ago #128527

Please share the backend screenshot. I could not clearly catch the issue.

pepperstreet
pepperstreet
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #128741

I have no backend :D This is an issue I see on your demo installation. Hence my screenshot and follow the colors. The first bookable item in the list has 2 rooms. Try to recreate my booking. See calendar with 1 room booked for 4 days. (magenta color) And the second room booked with the same 4 days +1 day. (blue color)

If the booking for room 1 and room 2 is exactly the same (or shorter) , the availability is correct (0) But if I add +1 day for the second room... then you will see 1 room is available again!?

Do you get the issue?

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 7 months ago #128760

Apology for the inconvenience. I have to check the booking. Please share your administrator access here to check the issue. Use the Hidden Content box to share the credentials. Make sure that you have a full site backup with you before sharing.

pepperstreet
pepperstreet
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #128855

Again, I have no current extension subscription , nor an up-to-date booking installation. I have tried your online demo!!!

Just choose one of the demo items with 2 rooms. Then check the frontend availability.

If the date ranges are NOT the same , or date ranges are longer than another booking... you can book as many rooms as you want. So, this is a serious issue, IMHO.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 7 months ago #128870

I have reviewed the template quickstart and booking process. Yes, you can book infinitely. Because the booking are not approved. It will be stored in the backend after you complete the process. Then you will be emailed a link to pay and confirm your booking. The process is kinda manual. Admin has the authority to approve the booking.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 7 months ago #131060

I have informed the developer team to review it and implement the feature in the future version.

pepperstreet
pepperstreet
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #129913

Mmh. Still confused. Maybe I missed or did not get the entire workflow. No matter if this is a manual work and the booking was not confirmed or even paid... The frontend calendar seem to check the dates. Sure I did not approve or pay something. But a date check and calculation is happening... and that check is not working correctly?! Isn't it?

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 7 months ago #130026

There is no setting to set the room available for certain dates. You might be getting it wrong. Since there are no dates for the rooms, it can booked for any dates actually.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 7 months ago #130404

Maybe it is useless without booked rooms for certain days. But it is not designed in the way you want. The feature is not available.

pepperstreet
pepperstreet
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #131020

Would you mind to report it to one of the responsible developers?

I understand the current limitations, and that there is no real availability calendar per "room". But I still do not understand the calculation / date check that is happening in my screenshot. There is definitely some sort of check... but it doesn't make much sense to me.

pepperstreet
pepperstreet
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #130311

Yes, I am aware that there is no calendar for each bookable item. But there is definitely a date check for the availability. Just see the demo and my screenshot.

I am just talking about that availability counter and check. It is obviously wrong. Or let's say: It is quite useless in the current logic.