How To Hide Expired Events In Kindergarten Extension? - Question | JoomShaper

How To Hide Expired Events In Kindergarten Extension?

JS

Johanna Sax

Extension 7 months ago

The Event-Kindergarten extension is a nice tool to show events in a nice format. For expired events I would like the extension to automatically not to show these events anymore after end date is passed.

Example: An Event scheduled for September, 1st is not relevant for webside visitors. Therefore it was be nice that the event is not show anymore after defined end date.

Any hint, who managed to implement such feature?

3 Answers
Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 6 months ago #132179

I have shared your suggestion to the team. The developer team will take this feature request in consideration on the next update.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 7 months ago #129624

Hello Johanna Sax

Sorry, this feature does not exist. In the SP Kindergarten -> Events menu, set the sorting to Event Date Descending. Unpublish the past events and then it will not be shown.

https://prnt.sc/qpRHpmnWerLt

Best regards

JS
Johanna Sax
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #132030

Hi Ofi, Thanks for your reply, which I like to comment:

Sorting

• The presented "Event Settings" options does not appear in my dialogs, especially not in any of the menu definitions.
  • The "SP Kindergarten Events" module includes on "Module"-tab an option "Order". It shows effect on manual sort order of events, but not related to date.

Expiration

I would appreciate, if event module would contain a configuration setting "hide after expiration" option (e.g. with an hour definition), that allows to an automatic hiding of expired events. A manual intervention is not state of the art in 2023.