Ipad Menu In Landscape Mode does Not Fit - Thought It Would Be Offcanvas - Question | JoomShaper

Ipad Menu In Landscape Mode does Not Fit - Thought It Would Be Offcanvas

DA

Dina Abramson

Helix Framework 6 months ago

Hi,

For some reason, when i look at my site on my iPad in landscape mode - the off-canvas menu is not present, the main menu is displayed and is too long to fit in the header. Is there a way to force off canvas on tablet in landscape mode?

https://abwddemo.com/images/menu_ipad_landscape.jpg

Thanks in advance

9 Answers
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 6 months ago #135835

Hi

Thanks for contacting us. Could you please check your credentials? I cant access on that.

https://prnt.sc/4tzc8rOE4d6s

-Regards.

DA
Dina Abramson
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #135897

So Sorry, added them now

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 6 months ago #135930

Hi

It seems ok in my end, which resolution do you have faced this issue?

DA
Dina Abramson
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #135934

The menu is clearly sitting on the slideshow on my ipad. I don't know what you mean by resolution.

The menu is too long to fit in the header for an ipad screen. is there a way to make the menu less wide or make the offcanvas menu work on an ipad? On a mobile phone, the off canvas menu is automatically available. Is that possible?

I can't reduce the size (width) of the logo or the bottom line on the logo that reads Accounting & Tax Professional Corporation will not be clear.

I guess I need to move the menu left, but I don't know how to do that

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks.

DA
Dina Abramson
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #135940

I also noticed that in portrait mode, the off canvas menu is present. Can i make that happen in landscape mode?

Thank you for your help

DA
Dina Abramson
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #135941

Hi, I reduced the size of the logo. That fixed it. doesn't look as good. if the customer doesn't accept it, i'll open a new ticket.

thanks.

DA
Dina Abramson
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #135955

Unfortunately, the logo must be readable, so I have to find a way to force the off canvas menu to appear on an ipad in landscape mode.

Is there a way to do this?

Thank you

pepperstreet
pepperstreet
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #135962

Yes, you can. See documentation -> Customization tips -> 5. How to show Offcanvas Menu sooner: https://www.joomshaper.com/documentation/helix-framework/customization-tips#span-class-h3-how-to-show-offcanvas-menu-sooner-span

Apart from this, there are many other ways to gain some screen estate. Some thoughts and suggestions:

• create a respective CSS MEDIA QUERY, reduce main menu font-size and paddings/margins
  • HOME could be a small icon only (FontAwesome v5 - buildings)
  • HOME could be set to "not display". The homepage is always reachable via the site logo. A common UX and well-known navigation method to get back to the starting page.
  • the LOGO is extremely wide. It could be sliced and optimized in two parts, preferribly SVG for crisp subline text. It might also display stacked. Graphical logo on top, text below.
  • alternatively, you could use the graphical symbol in the header logo area... but place the subline/text into the featured area. Like a bold headline and welcome message. ;)
  • if the original logo+text is sooo important to someone, make it centered on top of the navigation bar.

IMHO, squishing huge text logos in a small header area makes not much sense. People do not visit the site for the logo+text. They probably know your name, services etc., or found your site because of some search words and good online SEO. Technical SEO is not visible in a graphic... it is in your code and structure. So, it should work no matter how your logo actually looks. Sure, a site should look appealing and should follow the Corporate Design. But altering the site and navigation, because a logo does not fit, is actually the wrong way.

Hope this helps.

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 6 months ago #135966

Hi Dina,

You can follow this documentation below:

https://www.joomshaper.com/documentation/helix-framework/customization-tips#span-class-h3-how-to-show-offcanvas-menu-sooner-span

How to show Offcanvas Menu sooner