Upgrade To Joomla 5: Pre-installation Checking Indicates That Several Of Its Extensions May have Issues - Question | JoomShaper

Upgrade To Joomla 5: Pre-installation Checking Indicates That Several Of Its Extensions May have Issues

José Antonio Camejo González

Extension 5 months ago

I want to upgrade to Joomla 5, but pre-installation checking tells me that several of its extensions may have potential installation issues.

System - Helix3 Framework Posible problema de actualización. Plugin 3.0.5 3.0.5

System - SP PageBuilder Posible problema de actualización. Plugin 3.8.10

System - SP Page Builder Pro Updater Posible problema de actualización. Plugin 3.8.10

System - SP Cookie Consent Posible problema de actualización. Plugin 1.1 1.1

I have downloaded all available automatic updates. Can you help me?

7 Answers
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 5 months ago #138542

Hola José,

You can ignore Helix3 plugin warning, but:

1. SP Page Buidler 3.8 - editor will NOT work in Joomla 5.0.x - only SPPB 5.1.x can !
  2. Plugin SP Cookie Consent - may NOT work in Joomla 5.0.x. Disable that plugin before update.

If you don't have to, I would wait with Joomla 4.4 > 5.0 update for the reasons mentioned above.

Accepted Answer
5 months ago #138612

Thanks for your quick response. I need to update joomla 5 and SP Page Builder. Why isn't it updated if I have an active license?

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 5 months ago #138625

About SPPB - there is switcher in Options to change update channel. I guess, you didn't notice that. But you can just download & install SPPB 5.1.x like a "new" extension.

I hope you remember about RULE #1 - FULL BACKUP FIRST !!

Rule #2 - Joomla Upgrade Core problems are on webmaster hands.

Accepted Answer
5 months ago #138639

Thanks for the info. Sure enough, I hadn't seen the "SP PageBuilder Update" drop-down to change versions. Now that I've seen it, clicking on the drop-down scroll breaks the page and sends me to 404. I can't take a screenshot because it's immediate, but I've enabled an access in case you want to see it for yourself

Accepted Answer
5 months ago #139433

Except for an error, I have not received a response on this matter and I have the update to Joomla 5 pending.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 5 months ago #139437

You got the answers already:

SPPB 3.8.x will not work in Joomla 5, only SPPB 5.2x can.

Any time you can just download a new SPPB version and install it.

Please do not make simple things complicated >> https://www.joomshaper.com/downloads/extension

I cannot login. Wrong access. But extension update is on your hands anyway.

Accepted Answer
5 months ago #139672

I didn't understand your previous email correctly, Thanks for the info. I already have updated to Joomla 5 and SPPB 5.2. everything works correctly except the SliderShow which is apparently there but is not shown. Maybe this addons is no longer operational? If so, which one replaces it? I try to access the extensions but it tells me "buy now" when I am supposed to have access to them and my password is updated, can you guide me on what happens? Thank you