Sp Page Builder Modules Empty After Update To Sp Page Builder 5 - Question | JoomShaper

Sp Page Builder Modules Empty After Update To Sp Page Builder 5

Chris

Chris

SP Page Builder 7 months ago

Hello,

For the past 5 hours I have been trying to figure out why the Sp Page Builder modules are empty after I update from the 3rd to the 5th version.

I have attepted to:

• remove template addon overrides
  • remove all non-core plugins, components, modules except Sp Page Builder
  • make transition from the 3rd - 4th - 5th version
  • disable all modules and enable them again after the transition
  • checked the database module tables (the module content is still there and strange enough sometimes if I cut/paste it in the database, it finally shows up in the module from the Joomla admin)
  • exported the modules table from the database and added it again
  • tried the update on different php versions from 8.0 to 8.2
  • tried to update on both Joomla 4 and Joomla 5

I would like to mention that this is not happening on all the websites, only on some and I don't understand why because they don't have anything in common, at least not something I am aware of. The number of modules is irrelevant, I have this issue on websites with a couple of modules and with many modules as well.

I am leaving attached the akeeba backup of the website, maybe you can shine some light into this, I have runned out of options.

Thanks!

17 Answers
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 7 months ago #140717

Hi there,

I appreciate you reaching out. I sincerely apologize for this oversight. I have checked your backup and no problem found.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13F4lP_nyub6gTJcYuAQGhK-C4kT177gZ/view

-Thanks

Chris
Chris
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #140829

Hi,

The modules from the header are gone, after you update to Sp Page Builder 5 they are gone (from the beginning of the video they are not there). See at min 0:28 that the Socials module is empty.

Install the akeeba I sent you and without updating to the 5th version check the module, you will see it has content in it which dissapears after the update to the 5th version. Also check the database, you will see the content is still there as well.

Chris
Chris
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #140859

You can check here what I am talking about: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/c0l1bbVmaip

See that the top and bottom content is gone after the update to the 5th version. At the end of the video you can see in the database that the content is still present in the sp page builder modules.

I noticed that if you access a module before the update, its content does not dissapear anymore.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 7 months ago #140997

Some modules are empty that are the same on Page Builder 3.

Chris
Chris
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #141006

I showed you the video, they are not empty in the 3rd version, you saw how the content is gone on refresh. Also you can see the content is present in the database, just check it. Where would the database content come from if the modules where empty from the start?

In your video you are making the update to the 5th version (at this point the modules become empty) and then add the 3rd version again, so of course the modules remain empty. Just install the akeeba I sent you (with sp page builder 3) and check all modules, you will see they all have content.

If you want to deny there is an issue with this, fine, let's pretend everything is working great, but don't tell me the modules are empty from the start, I have been making hundreds of websites with Sp Page Builder, I think I would know if a module is empty or not. Especially when you can visually see how the modules dissapear on refresh.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 7 months ago #141683

Yes, I have found the issue. I need to forward your issue to our developer team. Please allow me more time. Thanks

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 6 months ago #146260

Update: Developer team informed to check the lastest version of Page Builder and let me know the result. Thanks

Chris
Chris
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #146312

In Version 5.2.5 the issue is still the same, I can provide you the akeeba backup of a recent update where I had this issue again.

Chris
Chris
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #146346

I attached the quickstart in this post, you can check the issue is the same.

The first SP Page Builder module is showing, the rest are empty. After you install the quickstart you will see the social icons module in the header. After you make the update to 5.2.5 , you will see it dissapear.

The only workaround to this is to access all the modules before you make the update.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 6 months ago #146416

I just shared your file to our developer team. Please allow me time. Thanks

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 5 months ago #146732

Download this package and check your end.

1. Before update latest version you need to save every module of Page Builder.
Chris
Chris
Accepted Answer
5 months ago #146859

I don't need to download this package. I said in the previous post that if you save every module before the update it works. The key point was to make an update that works without having to access every module prior to updating.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 5 months ago #146915

Your previous page builder was version 2. That's why need to save & close your module before update Page builder latest version. Thanks

Chris
Chris
Accepted Answer
5 months ago #147002

No, the previous page builder installed on the quickinstall I sent you was 3.8.10, the last 3.x version, I don't even have a sppb 2.x version, wasn't that like 6 years ago?

I don't think you got it right, but feel free to install again the quickstart and check, the module issue is occuring from 3.x (maybe 2.x as well, like you say, I don't have any sppb 2.x version to check) to 5.x.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 5 months ago #147006

Did you checked this package?

Chris
Chris
Accepted Answer
5 months ago #147414

I don't see the point in checking the package if it works only if you save and close each module, as I said, I know about this workaround and this is what I am currently doing.

I tried with 5.2.6 and the issue is the same, unless you save and close each module the content dissapears.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 5 months ago #147621

We didn't found any laternative solution at this moment. That's why i have to save it first. Thanks