Joomla4 Update - Question | JoomShaper

Joomla4 Update

D

Djordje

General 4 months ago

I wanted to make update Joomle4. The template came with version ‎4.0.3, but Ive got this message: "Missing field in database: Joomla\CMS\Table\Extension   extension_id."

Working on two websites, 2 different templates, same problem.

10 Answers
M
Martin
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #141342

Hello Djordje,

which templates are you using?

D
Djordje
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #141353

Hi Martin,

1. Politicas
  2. Wimble

..and I send to guys where websites are hosted one more template, Fixter, all quickstarts. Im just designer. I know something with CSS and Html only basic stuff. Im pretty stuck now. On one place here I foound some answers but they are/were not provided from technical support. If CMS have/had problem (this version of joomla) it should not be offered in quickstarts.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 4 months ago #141355

Hi,

thanks for details. You should have installed template in those version:

• Wimble - v2.0
  • Politicas - v2.0

but Joomla updates Core problems are not on our side. We can help only with joomshaper products issues. More Tips on: forum.joomla.org.

This settings may help you idetify source of problems

error_reporting_debug.jpg

D
Djordje
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #141358

Hi, Paul, Yes I just check Template Wimble, Version is 2.0 and when I did what you sent me, Ive got this message: "Missing field in database: Joomla\CMS\Table\Extension   extension_id."

About, Joomla updates Core problems, Im sorry but one of products what Joomshaper is selling are also and quickstarts. How I will know that there is a problem. Maybe guys from Joomshaper should check first all products before pitting something on market. Again, Im not a programer, I only need someone to resolve this problem. Thanks

M
Martin
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #141368

Hi Djordje,

the Quickstarts always work well when they come out. The issue you are experiencing is caused by a PHP version that is too high.

J4.0.3 causes problems over PHP 8.0.23. With higher PHP versions at least J4.0.4 is required.

As Paul has already recommended, lower the PHP version and from J4.0.4 you can also work with PHP8.2.13 without any problems.

You will see that Wimble will also run without any problems. I currently have this on J4.4 without any problems. :)

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 4 months ago #141359

"Missing field in database: Joomla\CMS\Table\Extension   extension_id."

Ok, but where you have it? Details, please....
what PHP version you have? Please switch to PHP 8.0 !

did you make also google research?

D
Djordje
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #141362

As I can see PHP version is 8.2.13, Database Version 10.3.38-MariaDB-0ubuntu0.20.04.1 Joomla! Version Joomla! 4.0.3 Stable

..so to try with downgrade PHP on 8.0 Ok, I will tell guys to do so..

I didnt do much google search. Thats why I paid licences (and for technical support, I beleve you understand me) Will write later how it was with PHP 8.0

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 4 months ago #141363

No all templates works in PHP 8.2, Also old version of Joomla 4.0. cannot work inside PHP 8.2

That's why it's very important to check site on older version of PHP.

D
Djordje
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #141367

Ok, so.. I downgrade PHP and version was less then 8.0 After that I was able to update Joomla to last version. I also was able to download and install Akeeba and did backup site. After that php is returnd to PHP 8.0.30. It works everything and as I could check (prety fast) everything works from admin panel. I did some fast checking on page builder..works Thank you Paul Frankowski

Template Wimble Others I will check later..

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 4 months ago #141376

uffff ;)))

Later with Joomla 4.4.1 onboard test with PHP 8.1, switch to test period.

You're welcome.