Impossible To Install The Demo Of Newsberg On Joomla 4 Due To Server Incompatibility - Question | JoomShaper

Impossible To Install The Demo Of Newsberg On Joomla 4 Due To Server Incompatibility

AC

Alessandro Coraglia

Template 4 months ago

Hi, the template is advertised as J4 and J5 compatible, but in reality, it won't run on PHP 8+, which is now required for J4 to work.

I am referring to the demo version, which I would like to use to understsand the framework and the logic of your templates (I am new).

I am working on my localhost, and I would rather not switch PHP version every time I work on my websites.

Thanks

5 Answers
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 4 months ago #141935

Hi

Thanks for contacting us and sorry for your issue. Could you please give me a screenshot of your issue?

-Regards.

AC
Alessandro Coraglia
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #142060

Are you asking me to reinstall your demo on a PHP 8.2 version to show you the issue?

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 4 months ago #142137

No I want to say give me a screenshot of that error where you have faced this issue.

AC
Alessandro Coraglia
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #142187

in order to do so I must reinstall it on PHP 8.2, as I have mentioned, I had to downgrade the PHP version on my server to just install it. It's a problem you can easily reproduce on your end, considering it's advertised to work on J4, but it doesn't, since it won't even install on the PHP version required to run J4

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 4 months ago #142276

I have checked it and it seems ok in my end. I am able to install it.