How To Hide The Link /component/easystore/checkout?cart_token.. Etc... - Question | JoomShaper

How To Hide The Link /component/easystore/checkout?cart_token.. Etc...

Atlas

Atlas

EasyStore 3 months ago

Checkout Link, EasyStore Sites, and Default Country Selection

Hey, I've got a couple of questions:

1. How can I hide the link in the checkout? Is there a way to do this across all EasyStore sites?

2. Also, is there a method to pre-select the only country we deliver to? It seems a bit unnecessary to have the customer choose the only available country.

Thanks!

14 Answers
Atlas
Atlas
Accepted Answer
3 months ago #145928

I´m still waiting! No support here?

NH
Nigel Hancock
Accepted Answer
3 months ago #145944

Hi, I am no expert but can you explain what you are trying to do, do you mean in the admin area or the front end?

Also do you want them only to be able to select only one country?

If I can help I will try

Atlas
Atlas
Accepted Answer
3 months ago #145963

Hey Nigel,

Thank you so much for your willingness to assist me. I truly appreciate it! However, I currently have an urgent issue that requires specific help from the official support team. I hope you understand my situation. I'm sure your assistance is valuable, but I'm seeking a quick and official resolution.

I've already tried addressing my problem in the forum, but the response time has been too long so far. I hope for your understanding and look forward to the official support team responding soon.

Thanks again for your dedication and willingness to help, but I hate paying for something I don't get! https://www.joomshaper.com/forum/question/30526

I don't want to lose any more time than necessary, as I am currently involved in several major projects. There needs to be a significant change in the mindset and approach from JoomlaShaper. We are paying for this service, so I expect proper support!

I want them to finally understand that when someone asks a question, we don't need elaborate apologies; we need a solution, preferably on the same day, but at the latest within 24 hours. This is what I expect, and as per the contract, they need to adapt to our needs. If they can't meet our expectations, it's time for them to learn to modernize their approach or pack up! This way of working is not up-to-date!

Best regards,

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 months ago #146004

Hello Atlas

Thank you for your valuable feedback and we will work on it.

I absolutely agree with you on this point that we are not always at our best. But I can assure you that we are trying our best. Also, I would like to mention that you have to give us time to check the issue and get back to you. If you expect to get the solution instantly after you post the issue, then it would not be possible. So, do not expect that and get disappointed.

You have written long essays about your frustration and quality of support but only a few words about the actual issue. I have a friendly suggestion for you. Please write about the issues in details and include screenshots or screencasts. This will help us understand your issue better and help you with it.

You have also mentioned about the high pricing. I would not give justification for the product pricing since it is the management decision. You can check the market and choose the product that fits your budget.

Here are your answers:

Question 1: How can I hide the link in the checkout? Is there a way to do this across all EasyStore sites?

Answer: You can add the link in the menu item and customize the alias or url.

Question 2: Also, is there a method to pre-select the only country we deliver to? It seems a bit unnecessary to have the customer choose the only available country.

Answer: No, there is no method to pre-select the country in the checkout page.

Best regards

Atlas
Atlas
Accepted Answer
3 months ago #146131

Is that, what you call a good support?

"Answer: No, there is no method to pre-select the country in the checkout page. "

Instead of looking for a solution with me to such an important question. Do you think this is a satisfactory support answer and do you really believe that everyone here "works globally" as you do? For a small restaurant, it is an incredibly superfluous step to expect customers to choose the country they live in every time. Don't you see it that way? Is that your kind of professionalism?

and... "Answer: You can add the link in the menu item and customize the alias or url."

There is no such Component-Menu Variation.. thats why i asked?.. May you give me some details, how to?

https://ibb.co/nk5rLWH

My anger here is not about the price, my anger is about the poor to no support!

I know the market and I'm here because I've been hoping for an improvement for years. But you're right, it seems pointless here! ** maybe I should actually look elsewhere!

Quote: "... but I'm seeking a quick and official resolution.".. and i don´t get it here!

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 months ago #146204

Let me rephrase my answer

from this

Answer: No, there is no method to pre-select the country in the checkout page.

to this

Answer: Currently, there is no way that the country will be pre-selected. We might think about it in the future. Right now, we have other important areas to improve. We might give this priority if we get enough requests for this.

The message is the same. However, I have tried to make it clear. What else can I say if the feature is not present? You can suggest me better words. I am always open to learning.

Exactly which URL do you want to change? Please share the link here or in the hidden content (if need to share privately). I will check this and find a suitable fix for you.

Atlas
Atlas
Accepted Answer
3 months ago #146266

Dear Kofi,

Your recent response is, in my view, highly regrettable and serves to illustrate impressively how fundamentally misguided your understanding of customer support is. While my five years of loyalty to your services have been characterized by hope and commitment, your recent actions make it easy for me to bid farewell. This leaves me frustrated. Despite my financial investment in your services, I have decided to no longer avail myself of them in the future. Enough is enough!

It seems that you often lack the necessary tact to discern what is relevant and what is not. You have wasted two full years, which we paid for, by programming against our customer preferences. Now, you expect us to continue understanding while you continue to program past us. I won't tolerate this anymore!

Your compulsory selection of the country for customers exclusively operating within one country appears not only unnecessary but downright incomprehensible. In any sensible consideration, this would have been identified as an urgently fixable issue. Your simple statement that the solution to this seemingly simple programming problem is not on the agenda, without a hint of remorse, speaks volumes about a significant lack of customer loyalty.

For five years, I have patiently endured your services, mostly as a silent observer. In this time, it should have been sufficient for you to develop a more professional service—a milestone that, unfortunately, you have not reached. Instead, it appears that you actively contributed to my decision to part ways with your services. I thank you for that.

Best regards,

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 months ago #146270

I thank you for that.

You are welcome 😊

Atlas
Atlas
Accepted Answer
3 months ago #146289

😂🤣😅😹 ow my god. your bosses will surely wonder how a very simple support request can get so out of hand. your success my dear. let us celebrate you.

You didn't understand anything again. unfortunately, your customers here are used to that! Soon most probably unemployed but still impertinent. Bye!

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 months ago #146366

Dear friend,

We can discuss about this topic whole week. This will not help you or me. Check your last response. You have just talked about the frustration. Okay, here take my apology. I am really sorry if I made you angry. Now, can we discuss about the issue. Spending time on it might help us solve it quickly. Please write about your issues only.

Best regards

Atlas
Atlas
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #152623

AGAIN - The problem is that my customers, who are located in Germany in one city, have to click and select the stupid countries and select the only country, again and again in the ordering process!

THAT'S MY PROBLEM. AND THEY SAY IT'S NOT A PRIORITY!

We live in times where every second counts so that a customer doesn't bounce!

That's a lot of seconds that we lose because you think it's not a priority!

What a load of nonsense!

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 month ago #152667

I understand your concern. I had a meeting with the development team about this. Let's see if we can overcome this in the future. But I see less hope. Sorry to disappoint you but I should not deliver fake promise.

Atlas
Atlas
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #152786

i think your target group should finally be the modest and serious customer. You'll have much more success with that.

Small restaurants, craftsmen and service providers and medium-sized companies would be a better strategy! How many Jeff Bezos do you know?

Thanks anyway

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 month ago #152820

Thanks for your feedback.