Celestial Template Default Selection - Question | JoomShaper

Celestial Template Default Selection

E

Ed

Template 1 month ago

Hello! I have two templates on my website, manufacturer and celestial. Manufacturer was default, and I changed it to Celestial and refreshed, but Manufacturer still shows.

Also, and this may be a Joomla thing, when I check that the site should be offline in Global Config, the offline message blips when I visit the site, and then goes to the manufacturer home page.

Any thoughts much appreciated.

6 Answers
Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 month ago #151391

Hello Ed

Apology for the inconvenience. Maybe you have understood it wrong. Template switching are working fine. On Celestia, you see deafault Helix Ultimate header, footer and other settings. I have downloaded and applied Celestia settings. Now, you will see the original template style. It looks similar to you because you are viewing the same pages that came with Manufacturer template.

https://prnt.sc/qCDu2LDHJDAc

Best regards

E
Ed
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #151474

Hello Ofi!

Many thanks for the assistance...but I still don't understand. Visiting the site, I still see the manufacturer template even though Celestial is default.

What am I doing wrong?

Best,

--Ed

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 month ago #151475

You don't get my words. You are viewing the same SP Page Builder pages. Whichever template you choose, the pages will be the same. Even if you choose Casseopeia template, you will see the same pages. Only the template style such as header design, footer design, fonts, colors etc. will be specific to the template style.

E
Ed
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #151681

Hello Ofi!

You are right. I don't get your words. If all the templates display the same pages---what is the point of having templates? So, in order to actually use any template, I have to delete the information on the pages and just start inserting rows with my own content without any content from any selected template? And delete all the useless placeholders in the media manager? So, you're right, I don't get it. Maybe you have a link that discusses this apparent (to me) conundrum.

Many thanks for your patience, as this issue is clear to all other users.

--Ed

E
Ed
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #151861

Hello Ofi!

I have started into modifying the homepage, and it just seems like I am doing a custom site rather than using any of the additional items from the celestial template. You can see what I am doing on the website.

I have started into modifying the homepage, and it just seems like I am doing a custom site rather than using any of the additional items from the celestial template. You can see what I am doing on the website.

I would greatly appreciate your thoughts. I just need to educate myself a little more so any helpful links would be appreciated.

I just need to educate myself a little more so any helpful links would be appreciated.

– Ed

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 month ago #151917

There is a clear misunderstanding. Pages in the quickstart are built with SP Page Builder. It has no relation with template. Let me explain. For example, your page has 1 image and 2 text blocks. You will see the same image and texts either you use Celestia or Manufacturer or even Casseopeia template. The only change you will see is color, font-family, template design layout. I hope that I have made my statement clear.