Menu Position Dissapeared From Template Layout - Question | JoomShaper

Menu Position Dissapeared From Template Layout

JA

John Avgerinos

Template 2 weeks ago

Hi I tried to change a setting on Educon template Layout and menu position dissapeared and i don't find it in the list of positions to add it back. My site is https://www.tourem.aegean.gr and in the greek language site the menu has disappeared. Please help

5 Answers
George Ivory
George Ivory
Accepted Answer
1 week ago #154484

Hi John, I have had the same issue losing the menu on the Greek template when I go to edit and make changes. I use the Helix Ultimate template and this has been ongoing for years with me. Initially I tried to find solutions on the forum but have since given up. I always hope with each update that this will be corrected. What I end up doing is copying the English template and changing over the menu's and data to Greek. It is more of a temporary fix than a solution but it keeps my site active.

I would love to see if there is a solution to this.

G

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 week ago #154486

Hi John,

I see Menu on both GR and EN language, at least now.

Spiros Kolovos
Spiros Kolovos
Accepted Answer
1 week ago #154487

Yeah menu is visible everywhere. Even if the Menu row somehow got deleted, then you must go in your Helix settings and recreate it.

Troubleshooting is actually easy on that one:

If it is created and one or more menus is not visible, you have to

• Go to Helix Settings, under Navigation and check which Menu is selected to show as default. After that, you have to check if the two menus are under the same Menu Collection or if they are seperated and merge them in one.
  • You have to check if any menus are hidden under Link Type settings.
  • You have to check if the Language selected in all the Menus is correct.
JA
John Avgerinos
Accepted Answer
1 week ago #154492

Hi everybody. Thanks for the answers. I restore my site from a recent backup in order to fix my problem, but i can't figure out why the position of the menu disappeared from the list of the module positions by just opening the specific module in the layout tab of the template. The same behavior still remains preventing me from change anything at this module position on the layout.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 week ago #154493

In theory your templateDetails.xml should have "menu" position, and from that Helix & Joomla knows to use it. But from time to time Joomla goes crazy. I have seen so many weird cases , that I know that even Joomla can have moods.