Updating QS Restora - Question | JoomShaper

Updating QS Restora

SG

Sowieso GmbH

Template 2 weeks ago

Hi all, I installed a QS Restora template and like to update from 4.4.3 to 4.4.4 and further to 5.x How do I proceed? It shows only 2 extension updates, no SP Pagebuilder update from 4.4.3 to 4.4.4. So this might not be a problem. Going further, 4.4.4 to 5.x any problems to be expected?

Update: Update 4.4.3 to 4.4.4 was ok. Update 4.4.4 to 5.1 killed my site, error 500, debug tells me a huge list. mysqli_sql_exception, Unknown column 'a.ordering' in 'order clause'

Now what? Restore 4.4.4 with akeeba backup?

3 Answers
Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 week ago #154578

Hi there!

Thanks for reaching out to us.

The Restora template is not compatible with Joomla 5 yet, sorry about that. Kindly revert back to your last working backup and stay with Joomla 4 until the template got the Joomla 5 compatibility officially.

https://www.joomshaper.com/joomla-templates/restora

Best Regards

SG
Sowieso GmbH
Accepted Answer
1 week ago #154638

While updating restora QS to the latest joomla version 4.4.4 I ran into alot of problems. I will try again to install it again from zero and report. Any time frame, when this template will be available for 5.x?

BTW ... Meanwhile I installed another QS (Savor) and updated to 4.4.4 without any problems. Then I tried to install the Restora template (only the template) this installation, set it to standard, didnt fit to the content of Savor and switched back to Savor as standard. Ooops ... Call to undefined method HelixUltimate\Framework\Platform\Helper::CheckNull()

SG
Sowieso GmbH
Accepted Answer
1 week ago #154644

One more thing ... As the Restora QS ist quite old (integrated Joomla version 4.0.3!) the technical requitements according to your documentation are also quite old. It's said, minimum requirements are: PHP 7.0.x, PHP 7.2 or PHP 7.3 (64 bit version), MySQLi 5.5, 5.6 or 5.7 (suggested). My hosting is configured to PHP 8.2 and MySQL 8.0. Is this QS version compatible to my setting?