Saved Section - Question | JoomShaper

Saved Section

JM

Jamie Marschke

General 1 month ago

Hi,

I have created a menu and called it 'Menu Main Top 1" and saved it into the Saved Items. This menu is across all pages. I make a modification and save it underthe same name, this will not update all my menus on all my pages, only the one I am working on. AM I doing this the wrong way?

I would like to make a section and save it, then resave any changes and have that reflected across all pages that has that saved section change as well.

Posible?

5 Answers
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 month ago #158589

Hi

Thanks for contacting us. Could you please give me any example of it? OR explain it a bit more?

-Regards.

JM
Jamie Marschke
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #158630

okay, i made a menu and saved it. i have 12 pages on my web site. all the pages use the same menu at the top. if i make a change on the menu and save it as the same menu name as the previous menu, it dose not change on all menu's. i have to delete the other. 11 menu's and add the new one with the same name!

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 month ago #158702

Hi

If you use the module then the changes will be applied everywhere, saved section does not work like that. If you edit the saved section then it will be saved as a new section. It will not replace the previous one.

JM
Jamie Marschke
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #158774

Ok, how do I make a menu that will reflect any changes across all pages when I change it? I am using the element 'Navigation', is this correct? I don't understand what a module is. I have just found the 'Joomla Module' with a menu item, is this the correct one to use?

Thanks

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 month ago #158786

Could you please mention which template are you using? Is this Helix Ultimate OR Helix Ultimate based templates? Then its better to use menu from template settings. Its easy to handle.

https://www.joomshaper.com/documentation/helix-framework/menu-navigation

Then its not need to use navigation addon from SPPB.