Popup - Question | JoomShaper

Popup

F

firstenergy

SP Page Builder 3 years ago

Hi there,

I want to create a pop up. I accepted pop ups in the browser. Now I created with page builder an addon "pop up". But there opens nothing when I click on the button on the website.

For example here: ****

(button: Button Text)

Could you please help me?

Best regards katrin

7 Answers
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 3 years ago #1246

Hi, for test disable JS (JavaScript) compression and clear cache then it should work.

Then... change compression level inside JCH_Optimze plugin to lower, your problem is probably caused by this, I seen this many times. Our software is fully OK. You can also exclude SPPB javascript file from compression, it also may help.

F
firstenergy
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #1497

Hi,

I tried to create a pop up addon on our test site, where JCH_Optimize ist deactivated. But also there the pop up does not work and I cleared the cache. I have no idea where the error is....

Thx

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 3 years ago #1499

Thx. It may be extensions conflict, please disable plugin edsanimate and check again.

Besides it uses Mootools which is NOT recommeded by Joomla anymore.

F
firstenergy
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #1505

I deactivate "animate it". Cleared the cache....does not work....when I use the editor (Link/ Pop Up) the pop up works, but I want to use the addon, so that I don´t have to style it with css. I do not know what mootools are, where can I deactivate Mootools?

Thx

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 3 years ago #1571

I guess, it's something else in that case. Sometimes it's hard to find a source of problem.

I noticed that your site is loading this

provenexpert.com/widget/richsnippet.js

are you able to disable it and check again.

If will not help, share access to admin area

F
firstenergy
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #2099

Hi,

we know now why it didn´t worked: We had embeded jquery manually a few years ago. Now we removed this and the Addon works. PageBuilder loads jquery by itself we suspect, so it wasn´s necessary that we manually add jquery.

Thanks for your help!

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 3 years ago #2105

Yes, jquery is loaded by Joomla itself. Extra JS files always means problems, hahah.