SP Simple Portfolio Video Size Issue - Question | JoomShaper

SP Simple Portfolio Video Size Issue

C

conshelf

Extension 2 years ago

Hello,

I'm working on creating a Video Gallery and I noticed there is no way to control how the video appears in the Lightbox after clicking "Watch"

I'd like to display the videos a bit larger and without the extar white space to the right, is there a way to do this?

Here's a link to my site.

Kind regards, John

3 Answers
Ariba
Ariba
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #18726

Hello

Yes, thank you for providing the link. I will check from my end and share the solution soon. Kindly give me some time.

C
conshelf
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #18729

Hi Ariba,

I found the video size hard coded around line 67 in this file: components/com_spsimpleportfolio/views/items/tmpl/default.php

I created a template override (templates/dentro/html/com_spsimpleportfolio/items/default.php) and changed width="500" height="281"to width="800" height="450"

I also found an issue with the z-index on the this CSS located here: components/com_spsimpleportfolio/assets/css/featherlight.min.css

.featherlight {
    display: none;
    position: fixed;
    top: 0;
    right: 0;
    bottom: 0;
    left: 0;
    z-index: 2;
    text-align: center;
    white-space: nowrap;
    cursor: pointer;
    background: #333;
    background: rgba(0,0,0,0);
}

I changed the z-index to 9999, this way, the overlay covered the top header.

Would be nice if video size fields (for desktop, tablet and mobile) were added in the admin section of SP Simple Portfoilo like we have in the SP Page Builder addons.

Kind regards, John

Ariba
Ariba
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #19067

Hello

Glad to hear that you could solve the problem, and thank you for your kind suggestion. I will share it with my Developer team, for sure.