Add Custom Font - Question | JoomShaper

is live, now with multi-currency selling.

Add Custom Font

GZ

Ghada Zoubi

Helix Framework 5 months ago

Hello I tried to upload new font and I followed the steps but it added only one font style!! I dont know where is the errors ?! I have arround 14 style !

1
4 Answers
Atick Eashrak Shuvo
Atick Eashrak Shuvo
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 5 months ago #222774

We apologize for the inconvenience you’ve experienced.

If you are attempting to upload multiple font styles at once using a single webfont file, this will not work as expected. The system only supports adding one font style per upload. That is why only a single style has been applied, even though your font package contains multiple styles.

To use all 14 styles, you will need to upload each font style individually. At the moment, uploading multiple styles in a single step is not supported.

We appreciate your patience and understanding. If you need guidance on separating or uploading the font files correctly, feel free to let us know.

Best regards

-1
Martin Grunert
Martin Grunert
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #224159

There's a little extension that fixes that. ;)

Since yesterday, it works not only for Helix Ultimate, but also for Helix3 — including variable fonts.

https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/od-local-fonts/

Changes to fonts apply globally via the template settings, not via SPPB. However, SPPB integration is planned for a future release.

0
I
Ingenium
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #231817

I might be wrong, but adding multiple styles for one Font-Family used to work in the last month or so! Because I had multiple styles (bold, italic, etc.) for my local Oswald font, but now when I go into Fontbook again, it only shows one style and the drop down is not enabled in the Page Builder.

Via chat I was told by support staff to not use Font Squirrel but another page (transfonter.org iirc), but when I want to upload the same zip again, I get an 500 error.

And no, adding each style (bold, normal, italic) as single font AGAIN is just not an option for me, as I would have to edit AGAIN my pages that are using them already.

0
Martin Grunert
Martin Grunert
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #231837

Multiple font styles - that is, variable fonts - have never worked in SPPB. You have to upload each individual style yourself.

See the comment from Atick:

To use all 14 styles, you will need to upload each font style individually. At the moment, uploading multiple styles in a single step is not supported.

And on JoomShaper's recommendation: I always use FontSquirrel when I need a single style. ;)

If you want to work with variable fonts, use OD Local Fonts ;)

0