Addon Article And Custom Fields - Question | JoomShaper

is live, now with multi-currency selling.

Addon Article And Custom Fields

P

Peter

SP Page Builder 3 days ago

Hi everyone, I’ve added a custom field to my articles (Fields - PhocaImage).

However, I’m running into an issue when using the Article Addon to display a set of articles sharing the same tag. The problem manifests as text strings referencing the filename, order, and caption.

I tried disabling "show custom fields" in the Article Addon control panel, but unfortunately, that didn't work. I’ve found a temporary workaround by hiding the preview text (which also hides the custom field strings), but I’d like the Addon to work properly regardless of whether custom fields are used or not.

How can I fix this?

0
1 Answers
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 days ago #234709

Hi,

Thanks for explaining the issue.

It seems the Article Addon is picking up the raw value generated by the PhocaImage custom field while processing the article intro text. That is why you are seeing strings related to the filename, ordering, caption, etc.

Disabling Show Custom Fields may not solve this because the PhocaImage field data can still be included during the Joomla article/introtext processing.

As a test, please try the following:

  1. Temporarily disable the PhocaImage field/plugin and check the Article Addon again.
  2. Make sure the PhocaImage custom field is not inserted directly inside the article intro text.
  3. Clear the Joomla and browser cache after making the changes.
  4. If possible, test the same articles using a standard Joomla custom field such as Text or Media.

If the issue occurs only with the PhocaImage field, then it is most likely a compatibility issue between the third-party PhocaImage field plugin and the SP Page Builder Articles Addon rather than the Article Addon's "Show Custom Fields" option.

As a temporary workaround, disabling Show Introtext will prevent those raw values from appearing, as you have already noticed.

Best regards

0