ClassNotFOundError In Site Using Shaper_travelia - Question | JoomShaper

is live, now with multi-currency selling.

ClassNotFOundError In Site Using Shaper_travelia

JK

Jan Korshavn

Template 5 hours ago

Hi, My site https://flr.no seems to have a problem with the Shaper Travelia template. After turning off the Backward Compability Plugin 6, the site is down.

Could you check if this problem could be solved so that I don't need to reactivate that plugin? Also check for the error Class "JText" not found (from SPPB?).

Following the advice og mySites.guru on this one: https://mysites.guru/blog/joomla-compat-plugin-is-a-crutch/

Best regards, Jan Korshavn

0
9 Answers
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 4 hours ago #234852

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out, and I apologize for any inconvenience caused by this oversight. Updated error.php file. Please check now & let me know.

Best regards,

Toufiqur Rahman (Team Lead, Support)

0
JK
Jan Korshavn
Accepted Answer
4 hours ago #234855

Looks fine now, I'll open the site again.

So no I don't need the Compat 6 plugin?

/JanK

0
JK
Jan Korshavn
Accepted Answer
4 hours ago #234856

And what will happen after the next major update of any involved files? Joomla, template or SPPB?

0
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 4 hours ago #234863

So no I don't need the Compat 6 plugin?

You need to enable this plugin

Before update, you should keep the backup error.php file.

0
JK
Jan Korshavn
Accepted Answer
3 hours ago #234870

Why do I need the plugin? The site seem to work fine without it?

The error.php file, is it the one located here?: /www/templates/shaper_travelia

Will this file create the same problem if there's an update of the template? Or Joomla? Please advice.

rgds, JanK

0
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 3 hours ago #234871

Why do I need the plugin? The site seem to work fine without it?

Joomla cms recommended to keep enabled this plugin.

error.php file location

templates/your_template/error.php

0
JK
Jan Korshavn
Accepted Answer
3 hours ago #234874

Have you read this?

https://mysites.guru/blog/joomla-compat-plugin-is-a-crutch/

So in advance of the upcoming Joomla 6.2 upgrade, I saw this:

*The sneaky part: because the compat plugin rewrites class references on the fly, there’s no log entry or warning that an extension is using deprecated code. Everything passes the Joomla pre-update check. Everything looks ready for the next version. Then you upgrade and find out it wasn’t.

  • Since I'm already on J6, should I really need this plugin?

Your comment on the error.php is very short.. and not answering my question.

JanK

0
JK
Jan Korshavn
Accepted Answer
3 hours ago #234875

Now the site is down again, seems that there's a SPPB addon problem with the class JText - not found..? Have you checked that?

JanK

0
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 hours ago #234877

Don't disable this plugin. https://prnt.sc/Y825A3yY9fWu

0