Dynamic Content Carousel – Centre Active Slide and Hover Styling - Forum | JoomShaper
Awaiting an answer SP Page Builder Joomla 6 v6.10.0

Dynamic Content Carousel – Centre Active Slide and Hover Styling

Asked by Samuel Desloges 4 hours ago

Hello JoomShaper Team,

I'm currently testing the Dynamic Content Collection Carousel in SP Page Builder Pro.

What I'm trying to achieve

I'm using a Dynamic Content Collection in Carousel mode, with five slides visible simultaneously. I would like to customise the visual behaviour of each slide depending on its state.

Ideally, I would like the following three states:

  • Normal: the slide displays only its image.
  • Hover: a border, title, description and button appear over the image, with a smooth transition.
  • Active: the centre slide automatically displays the same elements without requiring hover.

As the carousel moves, the Active state should automatically follow the new centre slide.

This behaviour should work with autoplay, manual navigation, looping and responsive layouts.

What I've tried

I've explored the available Dynamic Content Collection settings and experimented with custom CSS.

However, I haven't found a built-in option to automatically identify the centre slide or independently control the appearance and visibility of its dynamic content elements.

I'm also using a third-party template that provides a similar effect through a Swiper-based carousel. I would like to achieve this behaviour using SP Page Builder's native functionality.

Test page

You can view my test page directly here:

https://caplangues.lu/v2027/fr/component/sppagebuilder/page/97.html

Please look at the "NOS SOLUTIONS" section, which contains the Dynamic Content Collection Carousel I'm currently configuring.

The page is still under development, and the content used in this carousel is temporary. The desired behaviour has therefore not yet been achieved, particularly the automatic highlighting of the centre slide and the hover effects.

The page is currently available in French only, but this should not prevent you from examining the carousel's structure and behaviour.

Please note that my enquiry relates exclusively to SP Page Builder Pro's native functionality, not to the third-party template itself.

My questions

  1. Is there already a built-in feature or recommended method to achieve this behaviour with the Dynamic Content Collection Carousel?
  2. If not, would you consider introducing Normal / Hover / Active slide styling, including automatic identification of the centre slide, in a future update?

Ideally, this feature would allow users to customise borders, backgrounds, transitions and the visibility of individual dynamic content elements (title, description, button, etc.) according to each slide's state.

I'm particularly interested in a native, maintainable solution that remains compatible with future Joomla and SP Page Builder updates, without relying on custom JavaScript tied to the carousel's internal structure.

I believe this improvement could also be useful to many other users when showcasing services, products, projects or portfolios.

Thank you in advance for your assistance and for considering this suggestion.

Kind regards.

Log in to reply.