Problem Adding Articles/Catégories With Accents On Virtuemart - Question | JoomShaper

Problem Adding Articles/Catégories With Accents On Virtuemart

MM

MELISSA MOUHEB

General 2 years ago

Hi when i try to add a new category with virtuemart i have this error :

1267 Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8mb4_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '='

What sould i do ? Thank you

12 Answers
Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #23613

No problem found with the name. I have tried both with or without comma. I think the issue is with your database. Please follow this documentation. It might fix the issue.

Screenshot at Jul 06 16-56-20.png

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #23246

Hello MELISSA MOUHEB

Please share your administrator access here to check the issue. Use the Hidden Content box to share the credentials.

Best regards

MM
MELISSA MOUHEB
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #23254

Hi i'm on localhost, how can i share it with you ?

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #23325

Please take a full site backup with Akeeba Backup in ZIP format and share here. Follow this tutorial

MM
MELISSA MOUHEB
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #23360

Hi, I can't uploade the file (don't have the option available in the answer box) Should I send it to you via mail ?

Thank you

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #23443

okay. Share it to [email protected] and mention this forum topic.

MM
MELISSA MOUHEB
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #23444

Hi Ofi, the mail is sent.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #23451

Thanks. I got the email.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #23454

I have installed the backup on my localhost and added a category. Please check your issue again.

Screenshot at Jul 05 18-12-17.png

MM
MELISSA MOUHEB
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #23461

Ofi, The problem is when you want to add a category with an Accent in the category name Could you try it ?

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #23560

Sorry, I don't get you. Please give me example of the exact scenario. I will follow this and check the issue. But I do not think this issue (if it is present) is related to our product.

MM
MELISSA MOUHEB
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #23608

Ok, So Go to Vituemart Category > New Catégory Add for example "Nouvelle Catégorie" (With the accent) And Save

It will tell you : 1267 Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8mb4_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '='