After Helix Ultimate 2.02 Update It's Almost Impossible To Customize Layouts! - Question | JoomShaper

After Helix Ultimate 2.02 Update It's Almost Impossible To Customize Layouts!

M

MF

Helix Framework 2 years ago

Ih high hopes on you guys fixing bugs I updates Helix Ultimate to find out that all customizations that I've made are GONE, for example in file /templates/shaper_helixultimate/html/com_content/category/blog.php (screenshot attached)

So, how am I expected to customize blog layout now? Where?

That's just too massive update, you should have somehow notify that you're eliminate SOO MUCH of code!

11 Answers
M
MF
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #30822

So, after biref exploration I found that you've created your OWN OVERRIDES (with h00kers and blackjack), and stuffed it info plugins/system/helixultimate/overrides/com_content/category/blog.php

which is totally NOT ACCEPTABLE according to general Joomla code rules. All LAYOUT overrides should be in /template/<template_name>/html folder and it's expected to be customized / overriden BY USER!

Guys, this is just plain WRONG. You make helix impossible to customize in case if I WANT TO GET UPDATES, and impossible to get updates, IF I'LL MAKE IT CUSTOM (following your own guide about renaming template).

Now, please, provide me a guide, how to customize blog layout and keep it safely intact from damage of any future updates.

(by the way, I'm sure that most of recent messages on this topic are connected to this matter - axing custom layouts that users created by themselves and kept in /html/ folder as intended.

Muntasir Sakib
Muntasir Sakib
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #30875

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well.

Thank you very much for digging that much deep into the template. It's legit that you have sound knowledge on how to change stuffs, we are glad to here that.

We will be back to you with a brief explanation of what to do and how to do, obviously more user-friendly than before, in a short period of time.

Thanks!

M
MF
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #31242

We will be back to you with a brief explanation of what to do and how to do, obviously more user-friendly than before, in a short period of time.

So, how it goes? Any updates on this matter?

Muntasir Sakib
Muntasir Sakib
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #31770

Hello there,

Those codes weren't removed, those are just placed in plugins.

Please go to plugins > system > helixultimate > overrides and you will find all the necessary files there.

Overrides are removed to make it more user friendly, to reduce the hassle, not to increase. I hope you can understand.

Thanks!

M
MF
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #31788

How in the world PLUGIN overrides have ANY relation to TEMPLATE LAYOUTS???

This is insane.

And please, stop telling that you breaking joomla basic code rules to "make it more user friendly". No, it's NOT more user friendly now.

M
MF
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #38189

The answer from Muntasir Sakib is wrong, please, don't follow those instructions, that directory also wiped on every update!

Muntasir Sakib
Muntasir Sakib
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #38192

Hello there,

Would you mind telling me in brief which instruction is wrong?

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

M
MF
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #38195

@Muntasir Sakib: all of them. Read more here: https://www.joomshaper.com/forum/question/7135#qa-answer-35347

Muntasir Sakib
Muntasir Sakib
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #38197

That's exactly what I said on my previous messages without a brief explanation, that's definitely what I apologize for.

However, the process and the method I said wasn't wrong, sorry again for the misunderstanding.

Have a nice day!

M
MF
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #38199

@Muntasir Sakib problem is that I followed your instructions and placed overrides to plugins > system > helixultimate > overrides, the only path you mentioned in yor answer, and on next update - BOOM, SURPRIZE! - all my work was wiped again. Nice support, thanks!

Muntasir Sakib
Muntasir Sakib
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #38200

Oh, that's the last thing we wish for our subscribers. I should have told you briefly about the process, my sincere apology.

Anyways, if you allow me, could you get back your works from the backup after updating the template?