Override - Path And Folder - Question | JoomShaper

Override - Path And Folder

enzo de angelis

enzo de angelis

Helix Framework 2 years ago

Hello, I noticed that making an example of com_contact the lines of code that duplicate are the following:

Hello, I noticed that making an example of com_contact the lines of code that duplicate are the following:

/**

defined ('_JEXEC') or die();

require HelixUltimate\Framework\Platform\HTMLOverride::loadTemplate();

Before I remembered that it duplicates all the complete code, now I ask you how the override works with the latest version of helix framework, in which path and folder to load the default_form.php override? Thanks

Before I remembered that it duplicates all the complete code, now I ask you how the override works with the latest version of helix framework, in which path and folder to load the default_form.php override? Thanks

17 Answers
Muntasir Sakib
Muntasir Sakib
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #32519

Hello there,

You will find all the overrides here - plugins > system > helix_ultimate > overrides. This is the new path for the overrides.

The previous path was - templates > shaper_helixultimate > html.

I hope you got your answer.

Thanks!

C
CBRBNN
Accepted Answer
3 months ago #146043

I was looking for this answer for a long time. It would be nice if you put it in the documentation in the right place, life would be much easier! thanks!

enzo de angelis
enzo de angelis
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #33936

Hi Muntasir Sakib,

I followed step by step what I was told to do, but later updated helix ultimate from 2.03 to 2.0.4 and unfortunately the created override has been rewritten.

Now in templates/shaper_helixultimate/html/com_contact/contact, the default_form.php i find only this:

require HelixUltimate\Framework\Platform\HTMLOverride::loadTemplate();

Why did this happen? I await information to understand what went wrong.

enzo de angelis
enzo de angelis
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #32509

I did as written in this guide but it doesn't work with Helix 2.0.3 version.

Who can help me understand how this new override system works?

enzo de angelis
enzo de angelis
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #32520

Hi, what is this folder templates/shaper_helixultimate/overrides for?

I'm referring to your official guide: https://www.joomshaper.com/documentation/helix-framework/helix-ultimate-2/template-views-override

Thanks.

enzo de angelis
enzo de angelis
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #32685

I tried to follow the guide to create an override of the default_form.php file like so:

I duplicated the file present in plugins/system/helixultimate/overrides/com_contact/contact and copied here, I added an id here templates/shaper_helixultimate/overrides/com_contact/contact

<button id = "contact-button" class = "btn btn-primary validate" type = "submit">. 

Nothing's wrong, what am I wrong?

Muntasir Sakib
Muntasir Sakib
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #32755

Hello there,

By following the instructions correctly, it should work. What's the exact problem you are facing?

Thanks!

enzo de angelis
enzo de angelis
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #32758

Hi Muntasir Sakib, despite following the instructions step by step the override does not work. The view created through the override and positioned within the path written above does not load me. My current Joomla version is 3.10.1, helix framework version 2.03

Escape Time
Escape Time
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #32793

Hello

Sorry to interfere… I've got the same problem with an override of a component placed in html folder. It doesn't work if the Ultimate Helix template is not the primary one. It is very problematic! Versions: Joomla version 3.10.1 and Helix Ultimate template version 2.04

Can you check and help us?

enzo de angelis
enzo de angelis
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #32803

Hello Escape Time, I confirm at the end to make the override work I had to reinsert it in the html folder.

Previously I have already reported a bug with the Joomla 3.10.1 version (it will be carried forward until 2023) and the Helix 2.0.2, 2.0.3 framework: https://www.joomshaper.com/forum/question/6293

I have not yet updated to version 2.0.4 to avoid new and possible problems ...

We sail on sight!

Muntasir Sakib
Muntasir Sakib
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #33115

Hello there,

templates/shaper_helixultimate/overrides all the already overriden files are there so that it won't cause any more issues when you create other files and so on.

I hope you got the answer.

Thanks!

enzo de angelis
enzo de angelis
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #33143

Hello Muntasir Sakib, unfortunately with the Joomla version 3.10.1 and Helix 2.0.4 what explained here does not work: https://www.joomshaper.com/documentation/helix-framework/helix-ultimate-2/template-views-override

I await a solution to the problem. I've been trying for days to override com_contact / contact / default_form.php

I've tried them all.

It is as if the html folder, templates/shaper_helixultimate/html, continues to work for overrides.

What use have you intended this folder if you then thought of this overrides folder for overrides, templates /shaper_helixultimate/overrides

Thanks.

Muntasir Sakib
Muntasir Sakib
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #33204

Hello there,

Well!

Follow this instructions -

1. Always do override into - templates > shaper_helixultimate > html this destination.

2. For doing so, first copy the code from plugins > system > helixultimate > overrides and paste it into templates > shaper_helixultimate > html. Don't forget to delete the existing code as well.

3. You can now change the code inside as per as your need and save it.

Done!!!

enzo de angelis
enzo de angelis
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #33216

Hi Muntasir Sakib, in the meantime thanks, I have some doubts that I list you:

1. Does this guarantee me that at the next update Helix framework what is contained in the html folder will not be deleted/rewritten?

2. What is the templates/ shaper_helixultimate/overrides folder for?

3. Is the guide (https://www.joomshaper.com/documentation/helix-framework/helix-ultimate-2/template-views-override) then wrong?

Thanks

Muntasir Sakib
Muntasir Sakib
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #33347

Hello there,

1. Whenever you override anything, you won't get new features of that from the next updates.

2. Though I have answered it already, this is the folder where all the overriden files are placed. All the new updates will be changed inside this folder accordingly with every next update. However, if you override anything on your own, only that file won't affect the update as template > shaper_helixultimate > html has higher priority.

3. The guide is absolutely perfect. You might misunderstand the instructions. Whatsoever, I have already described to you. So, you have already got this hopefully.

Thanks!

M
MF
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #35171

I'm in the same boat!

Muntasir Sakib: 1 - Whenever you override anything, you won't get new features of that from the next updates.

This is lie. your update just broke everything. all my overrides are rewiritten.

2 - Though I have answered it already, this is the folder where all the overriden files are placed. All the new updates will be changed inside this folder accordingly with every next update. However, if you override anything on your own, only that file won't affect the update as template > shaper_helixultimate > html has higher priority.

Lie again, when template got updated, overrides were ALSO REWRITTEN

so, none of EXPECTED AND PRE-PLANNED AND PREASSIGNED SPECIFICALLY FOR OVERRIDES folders are kept intact while your updates.

Do you even TEST your updates???

enzo de angelis
enzo de angelis
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #32680

Hello, is there any news?