Custom Header Doesn't Work As Expected - Question | JoomShaper

Custom Header Doesn't Work As Expected

Andrea Maestrini

Andrea Maestrini

Helix Framework 2 years ago

Hi, I'd like to have a header with logo and menu (the first above the second) alligned in the center of the page. The "multi rows" predefined header doesn't fit my expectation on tablet and smartphone so I tried to create my own. In HU 1.x worked fine, in HU 2.0.4 I have a few issues.

1. I created two new rows in "Layout": the first named "logo", the second named "menu center". The custom CSS .logo-image {margin: auto;} works for the logo module position, but doesn't work if the row is named "header" (as you suggested here https://www.joomshaper.com/documentation/helix-framework/helix-ultimate-2/custom-header) and logo and menu are left-aligned.
  2. Same thing forcustom CSS .sp-megamenu-parent {margin: auto;}, but the menu isn't actually perfectly centered even if I add text-align: center
  3. If I set "header hight" from , it effects the "menu centered" row, is it normal?
  4. I'd like the "hamburger menu" in tablet and smartphone to be in the middle but the custo CSS #offcanvas-toggler {float: none !important; margin: 0 !important; text-align: center;} or #offcanvas-toggler {margin: auto;} don't work.

Joomla version is 3.10.1 Can you please help me?

Thank you!

7 Answers
Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #33063

Hello there!

Thanks for contacting us.

Would you please give me your admin access to check the issue?

Best Regards

Andrea Maestrini
Andrea Maestrini
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #33073

Hi, you'll find admin credential in hidden content.

I also noticed that the hamburger menu doesn't show properly since I don't have a row named "header" (custom or predefined, doesn't matter). Anyway, it never appears centered as expected.

Please let me know as you solve the issue. Thank you

Andrea Maestrini
Andrea Maestrini
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #33647

Hi Rashida, any news? Thank you

Andrea Maestrini
Andrea Maestrini
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #34359

Hi Rashida, updated to joomla 3.10.2 and Helix Ultimate 2.0.5 but no changes. I gave you superuser access a week ago but never logged in. Can you please give me a hint? Thanks

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #34369

Hi. float, margin, tex-align - all this does not work, because everything is done using Flex Box CSS. It is necessary to use the properties of this module that everything worked.

Here is an example with the alignment of the menu.

float: left !important; does not work

But if you start using Flex Box CSS, everything will start working.

For parent div. justify-content: flex-start !important;

Or

For parent div. justify-content: center !important;

float - It has always been a crutch when building layouts. Now it is not used for layouts with the advent of Flex Box CSS and CSS Grid. I advise you to explore these technologies.

Andrea Maestrini
Andrea Maestrini
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #34396

Hi Pavel, thanks for your answer. Everything used to work fine on HU 1.x. With HU 2.0 .logo-image {margin: auto;} and .sp-megamenu-parent {margin: auto;} work properly, but the hamburger menu (#offcanvas-toggler) still doesn't show properly in custom header.

I don't know what Flex Box CSS is, I'll check it out! Thank you again

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #34401

In HU 2.0 the code has changed. It became more Flex Box, where there was no one before. Therefore, you need to adjust your code in the direction of using Flex Box instead float and other old properties

https://www.w3schools.com/css/css3_flexbox.asp

I am not an employee of the support, so I can not see your problem. If you could provide a public link to your site, I could help with it.