Generator Tag Set - Security Risk. - Question | JoomShaper

Generator Tag Set - Security Risk.

S

Steve

Helix Framework 2 years ago

Setting this in the template is against Joomla's Best Practices and is a security risk. < meta name="generator" content="Helix Ultimate - The Most Popular Joomla! Template Framework.">

This needs to be removed.

How do I do that?

I normally use Admin Tools to do it, but apparently you've found a way to avoid that too.

8 Answers
pepperstreet
pepperstreet
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #35699

You might try a plugin and a respective ordering... https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/byebyegenerator/

S
Steve
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #35711

Point being, this is injected into the page - against Best Practices and I should NOT have to add to the payload of the page to remove it.

This is the equivalent of a Back link, and I DO NOT pay you guys to do your advertising for you; particularly when you have not asked for the privilege or given me any way to decline.

Additionally, as I said earlier, I already use "Admin Tools" to modify this setting and even reordering the plugin does not solve it.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #35754

Hello Steve

Thanks for contacting us. Please go to this location: plugins/system/helixultimate/src/Core and in HelixUltimate.php file comment out or delete 323 line for now. We will try to include a solution to add your own text there in the next version.

Screenshot at Sep 27 12-37-45.png

Best regards

S
Steve
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #35904

Thank you very much. That worked. A permanent fix would be much appreciated.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #35943

You are welcome. Yes, in the next update.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #35947

BTW

You are not the first person asked for this, so probably we will add On/off for this meta in template options.

Admin Tools - can remove only meta from orginal Joomla, not from template - it works in different way.

G
Grégory
Accepted Answer
8 months ago #124870

Hi, there's already such option in the Global Configuration on the Meta section (that i always set to off), so why do not use this this setting ? And I must say that with the last Helix Ultimate system 2.0.13, the Generator Tag is still present by default. (and still showing a 2018 for the date). Thanks in advance Regards

pepperstreet
pepperstreet
Accepted Answer
8 months ago #125803