Events Booking Toolbar Issue On Frontend - Question | JoomShaper

Events Booking Toolbar Issue On Frontend

J

jr-concept

Helix Framework 2 years ago

Hi,

Im using Events Booking Extension and i'm facing an issue with toolbar in all frontend edition pages (manage registrants, manage events, ...). As you can see on the screenshot, the toolbar buttons aren't next each others but each button is included in the previous one ( it a bit weird...) and no one is working on click. When i change the template of these pages, i have no issues any more, so this seems to come from helix but i cant find why.

Check here : https://new2.symetal.fr/mon-compte/gestion-des-inscriptions

23 Answers
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #38494

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting us. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please make sure that your extension is compatible with the Bootstrap 5.

-Thanks

J
jr-concept
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #38496

hi, yes its compatible bootstrap 5.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #38500

HI, in general you should ask component developer for advice, we cannot change our template only for a single extension.

BTW

You forgot to insert a link to screenshot

J
jr-concept
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #38501

I understand but with other templates its fully working but when i use helix ultimate its broken, so this mean it comes from helix? I also asked plugin devs and they told me to see with you. I need a solution quick please

J
jr-concept
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #38503

Also when i click on a registrant i have an error page :

behavior::modal not found.

So i have toolbar broken and also an issue with registrants management

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #38505
  1. To be sure, do we talk about Event Booking from joomdonation.com ?
  2. Please put a screenshot with issue "the toolbar buttons aren't next each others but each button is included in the previous one"
  3. What Joomla version you have there?
J
jr-concept
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #38507
  1. Yes its Events Booking from Joomdonation
  2. ![https://imgur.com/a/ZFnEO50]
  3. I'm on Joomla 4.0.3 with Helix Framework
J
jr-concept
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #38519

Hi again, here's the events booking devs answer:

Please tell them that:

1. Events Booking works well with Bootstrap 5

2. This issue is nothing related to twitter bootstrap but it causes by the override they made to Joomla toolbar buttons. Ask them to check the override they made, for example, check the file plugins/system/helixultimate/overrides/layouts/joomla/toolbar/standard.php:

$id variable only contains id of the button, so they have to do something like in Joomla core https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/blob/4.0-dev/layouts/joomla/toolbar/standard.php#L40, not echo it directly which procedures wrong output like the attached screenshot

Hope they see the error now and fix it for all customers.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #38527

Thanks. I used Events Booking 3.17.2 but on Joomla 3.10 and all looks OK in Helix Ultimate 2.0.5 foto_6886_2021.jpg

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #38534

But indeed in Joomla 4.x there is a big mess in toolbar, buttons are inside each others. Sorry but I don't have quick fix for this. I have to ask our developer for help, it may take a while.

foto_6888_2021.jpg

J
jr-concept
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #38537

ok thanks for taking time to investigate. when you say it may take a long time, how long do you think it could take? i really need to fix this and can't downgrade to joomla 3.10 or something else.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #38557

It may take few working days. sorry, I cannot speed up that.

J
jr-concept
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #40129

Hi, Did your devs find a fix for this issue?

J
jr-concept
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #40130

I also have another issue with a modal in events booking registrants management. According to their devs answer it comes from helix framework too.

*The problem again comes from Helix. The file which is having error is plugins/system/helixultimate/overrides/layouts/joomla/form/field/user.php . They are using the following code:

HTMLHelper::('behavior.modal', 'a.modal' . $id);

The behavior.modal was removed in Joomla 4, and it causes the error.*

Can you see to fix that too?

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #40170

Sorry, but I still don't have any fix code for you.

J
jr-concept
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #40173

can you please see with them to fix that in next days? i need to bring my website live in next weeks

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #40178

Sorry, but it's not up to me, so it's worth having an alternative scenario.

J
jr-concept
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #40286

Having an alternative scenario? You mean completely start the webstie design with another template fully compatible with joomla 4 and boostrap? I don't really have the time to start from beginning again. I hope your devs will understand that and fix this issue because it may affect all your templates on joomla 4 and its about the joomla toolbar so not any extension, just joomla base toolbar...

D
donaldmoore
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #42452

I just wanted to report that we are also having same issue with Joomla buttons on our site. We replaced the code for the layout overrides in plugins\system\helixultimate\overrides\layouts\joomla and that seems to have resolved our issue.

M
Martin
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #43676

Now that some time has passed here, I would also like to ask what the state of affairs is?

The issue is very relavant for the life sites.

J
jr-concept
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #43679

No news from Joomshaper. don't even know if they work on it or if they care about that... the solution has been found by a dev i know and he posted the code on the helix framework github but idk if they are going to implement it soon or not ... next time i will use another framework probably

M
Martin
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #43691

Do you have a link to github? I only found this one in a hurry, but there are no comments yet.

https://github.com/JoomShaper/helix-ultimate/issues/243

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #44458

Thanks.

There is also temporray fix code.