Helix 2.05 Update - Basic Header Options Changed - Question | JoomShaper

Helix 2.05 Update - Basic Header Options Changed

IP

Ian Proffer

Helix Framework 2 years ago

Just updated from Helix Ultimate 1.x to 2.0.5. We use the "top bar" predefined header layout and it's changed:

1. Social icons and other modules are now all centered. Before I was able to pin them left and right as I wanted; why did you change it? How can I reposition them as I want?
  2. The search module now has the word "Search..." there automatically. I don't want that, as it makes the module too tall, and it's redundant as I already have the search box filled with my own search prompt text. It's not the enabled title from the module; you've apparently added that text (it wasn't there in v 1.x).

How can I correct these items? Thanks.

3 Answers
Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #39222

Hi,

Glad that it solves your issue:)

The following links may help you: https://superdevresources.com/bootstrap5-vs-bootstrap4-whats-new/

https://css-tricks.com/snippets/css/a-guide-to-flexbox/

You may accept the most usefull answer in order to close the post.

Best Regards

Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #38938

Hi there!

Thanks for your query. Actually we have moved on to bootstrap 5 from bootstrap 4 version and it leads to some changes because of additional flex.

1. I have visited your site and the top1 element seems left aligned and top2 seems right aligned to me. However, if you reallocate the space of top1 and top2 then it will give you better experience I think. Here is sample code for you to put into your custom.css file:

@media (min-width: 992px){
    #sp-top1.col-lg-6 {
     flex: 0 0 auto;
     width: 30%;
    }
    #sp-top2.col-lg-6 {
     flex: 0 0 auto;
     width: 70%;
    }
    }
  2. If the search option is redundunt for you on top2 position then you can unpublish the search module.

Best Regards

IP
Ian Proffer
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #38939

Hi, thanks for the CSS. That fixed the alignment and by magic fixed the appearance of the search box too.

Do you have any documentation on the flex options with bootstrap 5?