Multilingual Menu Problem After Update: It Uses English Menu For Every Language So It Displays Empty In Non-English Languages - Question | JoomShaper

Multilingual Menu Problem After Update: It Uses English Menu For Every Language So It Displays Empty In Non-English Languages

DA

David Anthony

SP Page Builder 2 years ago

Hi guys, first of all, you make fantastic software and I'm delighted to be a customer :)

Now my little problem: after my latest update for a client, the multilingual menu stopped working correctly.

Page Builder: 3.7.15 Template: Helix Ultimate 2.0.5

The following are my observations and my personal opinion, trying to help you save time:

The current settings: each language (English, Spanish and German) has its own template style in the backend with the correct language selected.

The behaviour: since the update, the frontend displays a blank main menu (no menu elements) for the Spanish and German site.

My opinion so far: all three template styles are trying to load the English main menu, despite the German and the Spanish having the German and Spanish main menu selected in their template style settings.

The results are empty menus on the German and Spanish sites, because there is no English content for the "faulty English menu" to display on them.

What I think we need: to fix the update code so that each template style correctly uses the menu and language that we select for it.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

David Anthony

16 Answers
Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #39794

Please post a new question with your administrator access. We will fix it on your site.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #39143

Hello David Anthony

Thanks for your appreciation. We have fixed this issue on our development end. Please wait for the next update.

Best regards

DA
David Anthony
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #39144

Hi Ofi, that was stunning response time!! Thanks for the reply. Is there an estimate I can give my client, who is very worried?

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #39178

Unfortunately, it is not scheduled yet. Please share your administrator access and FTP details here to check the issue. Use the Hidden Content box to share the credentials. I will share it with the developer team so that they can fix it for you.

DZ
Dragoljevic Zoran
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #39679

Hi I have same issue on my website after last update. Is same problema as i check website from David.Isa ny chance that you fixed this bug?

DA
David Anthony
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #40573

Hi Ofi, I updated my original post with the access details in the hidden section, just in case.

Thanks!

DA
David Anthony
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #41042

Hi Ofi, is there any update on the issue. I shared my website details in my original post. Thanks!

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #41130

Apology for the delay. I will try a fix. Before that I want to make sure that you have a backup with you. If you confirm that you have a backup safely, then I will implement the fix on your site. I am waiting for your response.

DA
David Anthony
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #41251

Thanks for your response Ofi, we have taken two more backups :P You can work on the site now.

Will the manual correction be updateable once the new version comes out or will we have to delete some modification manually?

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #41308

Thanks for your confirmation. I have applied the fix. Your site looks good now.

We will fix the issue in the next update. The same fix is applied to your site now. Whenever the update comes, just update the site. There will be no issues.

DA
David Anthony
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #41412

Thank you very much Ofi. All the best.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #41544

You are welcome. Please accept the answer that helped you. It will be then easier to find the solution for the other users with the same issue. There is a button to accept answer after each comment.

I have a humble request. It would be very kind of you if you can manage some moment to give us feedback on Joomla Extension Directory. This will inspire us to improve.

DA
David Anthony
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #62482

Hi Ofi, we just updated the site again and the problem happened again. The spanish and german menus have gone blank.

I believe they are maybe calling the English menu, which has no spanish or german content and results in a blank menu.

Could you please apply the fix again? The login credentials are the same as in the original post.

Will the fix be included in future updates?

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #62640

It looks okay. Please check it now.

DA
David Anthony
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #62838

Hi Ofi, thanks. I believe your colleague fixed it before you had a look at it. He assigned each menu manually within the template: https://www.joomshaper.com/forum/question/12900

But the issue is that this defeats the standard joomla multilingual function of autodetecting the language and displaying the correct content. What are your thoughts?

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #62854

I do not have any alternative thoughts. In fact, I would do the same for the solution. I think multilingual works fine this way.