PlugIn SP Cookie Consent Crashes Joomla 4 - Question | JoomShaper

PlugIn SP Cookie Consent Crashes Joomla 4

SE

Sven Engelke

Extension 2 years ago

Hello,

I have a new, up-to-date Joomla installation. I installed the SP Cookie Consent plugin there. After I activated this, Joomla stopped working.

The following error message came up: 0 Call to undefined method Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication::isAdmin()

Nothing worked in the backend as well as in the frontend. After I deactivated the plug-in directly in the database via phpMyAdmin, Joomla works again.

You have released this plug-in for Joomla 4. You should take this back as soon as possible and check and revise the plug-in again.

It is simply fatal when masses of Joomla installations are paralyzed with such a plug-in.

Thank You!

greeting sven

4 Answers
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #39431

Hi Sven, We have to make more tests, sorry, by now I removed file. Please use different Cookie module / plugin. You can find many of them on JED, as always.

Remember about EU GDPR law, in EU we have to not only display info box but also lock cookies before user will aprove them.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #39440

During our tests a new J4 verison of Sp Cookie Consent worked well. So we are wondering what was wrong on your site. Can you tell me your PHP version, and what template and extensions you have installed?

SE
Sven Engelke
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #39488

Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback.

I have just installed the current version of Joomla 4. SP Pagebuilder Pro is also installed. Otherwise no plugins will run.

The installation of Sp Cookie Consent ran smoothly and without any problems. The template is the current shaper_helixultimate PHP version is: 8.0

greeting Sven

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #39495
  1. Even if you uninstall and install plg_spcookieconsent_j4.zip - you still have, mentioned by you before, error?
  2. Can you check also with PHP 7.4 (just switch for few minutes)

Thanks