FontAwesome In HelixUltimate V2.0.5 Installed In Joomla 4 - Question | JoomShaper

FontAwesome In HelixUltimate V2.0.5 Installed In Joomla 4

LW

LAC Webadmin

Feature Request 2 years ago

Hello!

I don't know what is the FontAwesome css and fonts in HelixUltimate Template as of v2.0.5 is for when it is loading Joomla 4 default FA. Would be nice if HelixUltimate have an option to use FontAwesome 5 Pro, well I guess I can customize that but still it would be nice to have as default.

public function loadFontAwesome()
    {
        if ($this->params->get('enable_fontawesome'))
        {
            if (JVERSION < 4)
            {
                $this->add_css('font-awesome.min.css');
                $this->add_css('v4-shims.min.css');
            }
            else
            {
                $this->doc->addStyleSheet(Uri::root(true) . '/media/system/css/joomla-fontawesome.min.css', ['relative' => false, 'version' => 'auto']);
            }
        }
    }

That's the code that loads FA.

3 Answers
Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #40627

okay, I get your issue. You can disable Font Awesome in the settings. Please follow this documentation.

Screenshot at Oct 29 12-51-42.png

It is better to understand if you add in feature request category. We welcome feature requests. I have already forwarded your feedback of adding Font Awesome Pro option to the developer team. They will review the request and might add the feature in the future versions.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #40358

Hello LAC Webadmin

Sorry, this feature is not available. You may customize the code that you mentioned above. But before updating Helix in the future, you must keep a backup of your site. Otherwise this customization could be overridden.

Best regards

LW
LAC Webadmin
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #40603

Hi Ofi,

Let me rephrase my statement. What does the folder "fonts" with FontAwesome font files and the font-awesome.css file under the folder css in HelixtUltimate Template for when it is not even used. That was my originla statement is all about. I guess next time I will clarify that it is a feature request. Is feature requests welcomed in the forum or is this all about just specific issues with your products?