Override On Error.php File - Question | JoomShaper

Override On Error.php File

Karen Dunne

Karen Dunne

Helix Framework 3 years ago

Hi there,

This a very useful post: https://www.joomshaper.com/blog/create-a-custom-joomla-404-page-with-sp-page-builder#commentform. Thank you.

One question: what happens to the error.php when there is an update? I'm thinking of how I keep all the custom CSS in a separate file so it will not be overwritten when there is an update. Should the same method be done with the error.php file? And if so, where would the override reside?

Thank you,

Karen

4 Answers
Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #3046

Hello Karen Dunne

When template update comes, the file will be overridden. So, you have to keep a backup of that file. It cannot be maintained like CSS file since it is one of the core files of the template.

Best regards

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #3053

Hi. Set rights on this file as 444. Then it will not be overwritten on update

Karen Dunne
Karen Dunne
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #3494

Ok, thank you Ofi, that makes sense. I discovered this after the fact when a 404 page that I had created was no longer working. It must have been overwriting during an update.

May I suggest that there be an addition to the blog post so your users know their work could be lost when there is an update.

Thank you Pavel. I will change the permissions on the file.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #3538

Thanks for your suggestion. It is always advisable to take a backup when you update any extension.