How to play Youtube Short video (vertical) - Forum | JoomShaper
Staff replied SP Page Builder

How to play Youtube Short video (vertical)

Asked by icbbne 4 years ago Last activity 1 year ago

Video add on seem not supporting Youtube's new video fomat whihc is vertical. Plug in gives an error. Any idea how to fix or make it work?
Eg; https://www.youtube.com/shorts/mE5ngDWOMsc

Kind regards

6 replies

Paul Frankowski Senior Staff
4 years ago · edited

Hi,

Oh indeed, I didn't know that that phone format exists on Youtube.
In theory you have to have use button share video and copy code and paste inside Raw HTML addon. But to be honest I am not sure if google (yt) added embed feature yet. According to support.google.com Shorts is still in beta.


We all have to wait for full support. Later I will add to wish list. In next days I cannot help more.

Paul Frankowski Senior Staff

One request / task for you: Check this new format regularly, and when the embed code comes out, let me know. So we will be able to update video addon.

icbbne Asked this

When I try to embed it seems again going back to original

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mE5ngDWOMsc" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Paul Frankowski Senior Staff

Probably in next weeks YT will prepare embed code button, then we can back to this topic/request.

fabiana

tengo el mismo problema como agrego un short de youtube

Paul Frankowski Senior Staff

In general it works, remember to enable options

info_2810_2025.gif


But you can always use Embed code in Raw HTML addon.

Log in to reply.