Pagebuilder Instagram Feed Token Expires After 60 Days - Question | JoomShaper

Pagebuilder Instagram Feed Token Expires After 60 Days

MD

MW Dev

SP Page Builder 2 years ago

Hello,

We have the Instagram addon for multiple websites. They all have the same issue with the access token expiring - which creates an error on the front-end and removes the feed. We must manually refresh the token in the Pagebuilder admin.

Is there a reason why the Pagebuilder app is not automatically refreshing the token?

As a note, we do utilize RS Firewall on all sites - not sure if thats an issue.

If this is a known issue, has it been corrected in a more recent Pagebuilder update? We are utilizing 3.7.15 for the moment though will be update if a fix is present in a recent release.

9 Answers
Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #57148

Hello MW Dev

Please follow this documentation. It looks like the limitation is from Meta (mother company of Instagram). So, you have to manually refresh after 60 days or in between 2 months.

Best regards

MD
MW Dev
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #57171

Ofi,

Thanks for the note back. This issue has been occcuring since before the change with META. Manually refreshing across many websites is not an acceptable solution. Manual refresh is also NOT a requirement from META. I've read the page you linked and in clearly provides info on the "Get" response to allow apps to refresh themselves (not requiring a human).

What we need is an update to the addon to include the refresh function and pushed in a new release soon as possible. I will send back the same link https://developers.facebook.com/docs/instagram-basic-display-api/guides/long-lived-access-tokens/ - which should be forwarded to the dev.

curl -i -X GET "https://graph.instagram.com/refresh_access_token ?grant_type=ig_refresh_token &access_token={long-lived-access-token}"

As note, there are other apps out there that refresh via the api automatically, so I am sure Joomshaper can accomplish this. IG is an important addon - please let me know an estimate when we can expect an update so I can inform multiple clients who have raised the issue.

Thanks

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #57373

Thank you for the deatils. I will talk to the developer team about this.

MD
MW Dev
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #107879

Hi Ofi,

1-year later, could I get an update on this please? All our sites with the Instagram addon are having this issue. When it expires, there is a page error and the token must be regenerated.

Thanks

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #107968

Thanks for your bringing up this issue. Developer team is studying the documentation and might bring it in the next versions.

MD
MW Dev
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #131737

6 Months later again - update please.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 6 months ago #131770

There has been another critical issue with the Facebook latest Graph API version. It is under development and hopefully will be reviewed.

But I think there are some limitations in manupulating 60 days token refresh issue. If Facebook does not allow it, then we will not be able to apply it.

MD
MW Dev
Accepted Answer
3 months ago #144810

There are 3rd party Joomla extensions that do not expire feeds and require no API for the end site. It's scraping public feeds. Something like this would be a much better solution to incorporate into PageBuilder.

https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/social-web/social-display/ingallery/

B
BJ
Accepted Answer
3 months ago #144862

Has this been fixed yet? A previous poster has even linked on how to fix this issue.