Social Icons - Question | JoomShaper

Social Icons

BD

Brian Dornbusch

Helix Framework 3 years ago

I want to add additional social icons like patreon or twitch. How would I do that ? I have Helix Ultimate 1.1.2. I need step by step. Thank you.

4 Answers
Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #5330

Hello Brian Dornbusch

Please watch this Tutorial. This tutorial is shown on Helix3 but it will also work for Helix Ultimate.

Best regards

BD
Brian Dornbusch
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #5440

I tried the pages Mehtaz suggested. I even found them before and at step 2 it fails. I dont have / can't find where to put them.

RF
Robert Fairhead
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #12225

Thanks, Brian Dornbusch, for asking your question. And Mehtaz Afsana Borsha for providing an answer which gave me pointers to creating a workaround for my problem of wanting to include a podcast link with social icons on my website based on the Helix Ultimate template.

But first, I already use the Social Icons Custom field for displaying a seach icon (fa-search /search). It annoyed me that the icon opened a new tab. However, Mehtaz, your agethemes linked article showed me where to go to remove the target="blank", in Templates -> (Shaper_helixultimate) -> features -> social.php -> function renderFeature().

Then I realised rather thank define $vk (which already exists), I could "tweak" it by adding my podcast's URL to in the Social Icons VK Username field and replacing the span class="fa fa-vk" with "fa fa-microphone".

Perfect! Just need to remember to make the custom changes whenever I update the Helix Ultimate template.

Here is a like to my website if you're interested, TallAndTrue.com.au. (I've made the changes and tested them on a staging version - it'll take me an hour to populate them on the live website.)

Regards, and thanks again, Robertf