After Installing JCE, SP Page Builder Can't Save In Frontend - Question | JoomShaper

After Installing JCE, SP Page Builder Can't Save In Frontend

Rudolf Arlt

Rudolf Arlt

SP Page Builder 1 year ago

After Installing JCE, Sp Page Builder Can't Save changes In Frontend. When I press the save button, nothing happens. When I leave the page my change is gone.

I then set TinyMCE as the default editor again and it works.

Is there a solution with JCE as default?

33 Answers
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #73526

I just checked my end and it works fine. Will you please disable the css & js compress from the Helix template manager advanced settings. Thanks

Ariba
Ariba
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #71276

Hello

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Could you kindly check the Forum link below for some tips on using JCE with Page Builder?

https://www.joomshaper.com/forum/question/3403

Rudolf Arlt
Rudolf Arlt
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #71280

Sorry but this does not describe my problem. Just now I noticed that in the frontent (when JCE is set as default) TinyMCE is loaded, but in the backend JCE is loaded.

Ariba
Ariba
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #71414

Can you share your administrative access, please? Kindly use the hidden mode to share the log in credentials.

Rudolf Arlt
Rudolf Arlt
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #71417

Thank you so much for your efforts. I am curious to see if you find the error.

Rudolf Arlt
Rudolf Arlt
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #71418

I will delete the account in 48 hours.

Ariba
Ariba
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #71421

Could you check the log in credentials again? I am not being able to log in with the username and password.

Rudolf Arlt
Rudolf Arlt
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #71422

The user data is correct, I was just logged in for testing.

Ariba
Ariba
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #71423

It is okay now, thank you.

Rudolf Arlt
Rudolf Arlt
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #71903

Unfortunately, nothing has happened yet and my problem persists. I suspect the problem is beyond the capabilities of support. Right?

Rudolf Arlt
Rudolf Arlt
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #72364

deleted...

Ariba
Ariba
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #72372

My sincere apologies for the unwanted delay. Our Senior Agent will look into the issue with priority, we appreciate your patience & cooperation very much.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #72982

Administrator access blocked.

Login denied! Your account has either been blocked or you have not activated it yet.

Rudolf Arlt
Rudolf Arlt
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #73212

Now the Administrator access is open. Please understand that I can not keep the access open for weeks.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #73216

In case of...

info_6111.jpg

Rudolf update your JCE editor to today version.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #73291

Thanks @Paul

R
Ryan
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #73371

The fix in JCE Pro 2.9.27 is not related to SP Page Builder, as SP Page Builder does not use the method affected.

Also, in testing this for a user, SP PageBuilder PRO 3.8.7 also does not work with JCE Pro 2.9.24, which did not have the bug fixed in JCE Pro 2.9.27

I am not seeing any issue with saving in SP PageBuilder Lite 3.8.7

I've just tested with SP PageBuilder PRO 3.8.6 and I'm not seeing any issue with saving with JCE Pro.

The bug appears to be in SP PageBuilder PRO 3.8.7...

Thanks

Ryan

JCE Developer

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #73520

@Ryan Will you please provide me the Joomla administrator access to check the issue?

R
Ryan
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #73524

Sorry I can't do that but you can reproduce the issue with ANY version of JCE Core - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/core - and SP PageBuilder PRO 3.8.7

There is no issue with SP PageBuilder PRO 3.8.6

R
Ryan
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #73528

I'm specifically referring to editing a Text-Block in the back-end with JCE and SP PageBuilder PRO 3.8.7

After making a change to content and clicking Apply, the changes are not stored.

In SP PageBuilder PRO 3.8.6 this works fine.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #73536
R
Ryan
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #73540

See mine - https://cdn.joomlacontenteditor.net/tmp/sppb-387.mp4

First I attempt to make a change to content SPPB 3.8.7, but the change is not stored after clicking Apply.

Then, I try the same in SPPB 3.8.6 and the change is stored when clicking Apply.

I'm going to leave this issue here, as this does appear to me to be an SPPB 3.8.7 issue. I'll instruct JCE Pro users who encounter it to consider downgrading to SPPB 3.8.6 until you release a fix.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #73544

Got it your issue.

R
Ryan
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #73546

This is a SP Page Builder 3.8.7 issue, NOT a JCE issue.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #73550

@Ryan this is not saving issue. Issue is styling of JCE editor doesn't work properly. Thanks

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #73553

Please don't delete your video.

R
Ryan
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #73556

@Ryan this is not saving issue. Issue is styling of JCE editor doesn't work properly. Thanks

No, that is not correct. The issue exists if you add an image or do any other editing to the content. ANY editing is not stored when you click the Apply button.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #73558

Share an screencast video.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #73564

@Ryan are you JCE developer, I mean Ryan Demmer?

Yes, please share video link + info about used Joomla version as well. This will help us faster find a source of problem and fix it. Thx

R
Ryan
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #73568

@Ryan are you JCE developer, I mean Ryan Demmer?

Yes.

Yes, please share video link + info about used Joomla version as well. Thx

The link is above. Joomla 3.10.9 but the issue exists in Joomla 4.1 too.

Ok, here is something strange:

If I make a change to the content in SPPB 3.8.7 and click Apply, then click the edit button again to check it, then then change is not visible. If I close, then click the edit button again, then the change is visible.

See - https://cdn.joomlacontenteditor.net/tmp/sppb-387-2.mp4

This only happens in SPPB 3.8.7

Rudolf Arlt
Rudolf Arlt
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #74276

After I turned off the js compress from the advanced settings of the Helix template manager, JCE works again. But why do you implement such compression if it only leads to errors? There is probably a bug in the compression that you still need to fix.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #74278

@Rudolf - with compression scripts it's hard to predict all possible problems, it's always like lottery. In that case all I can suggest by now is using addcional JS compression tool from extra plugin or component, or life without.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #74279

@Ryan - thanks for video, I shared with our SPPB developer.