JCE And Pagebuilder Buggy Or is It Me? - Question | JoomShaper

JCE And Pagebuilder Buggy Or is It Me?

JS

Joris Stolker

SP Page Builder 2 years ago

Hi guys,

I want to use JCE on my website but the Pagebuilder is not quit working stable with the synchronising text in preview on the frontend. So you do not see what you type. First Save, refresh page and there it is. This is quite a big bug for the biggest editor in Joomla together with the best pagebuilder :-)

1. So my first question is is this just on my site or is this synchronising not stable?
  2. My second question, please have an option to load JCE in builder or not. I can imagine that if there is not loading an editor load Joomshaper editor. In JCE you can choose components per profile, so i could select all but SPpagebuilder.
5 Answers
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #15035

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting us. Sorry for the inconvenience. You need to contact with the JCE editor support.

-Thanks

JS
Joris Stolker
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #15070

Hi Toufiq,

Thanks for you fast reply! It is an issue in SPpagebuilder, not with JCE. At least that is how i see it from my point of view ;-)

1. SPBuilder does not synchronise well in frontend with JCE (it does fine with your editor). This is not a JCE thing but a combination, so something you guys need to fix, maybe with JCE together.
  2. I can't choose your default editor if JCE is active (if you ask me this is a must). At least i suggest you check the option 2 for a choice in the options of SPbuilder to choose Default or JCE.

90% of the joomla user i know are JCE users so you guys should fix that with JCE to ensure your product works good for most Joomla users.

I truly hope you find a fix. If not it is a reason for me to leave SPpagebuilder because without JCE i am not building a website and with it does not work right. The reason most of my site's do not have an issue is that I use Ark on those site's. They do not develop any longer so from now on i always start with JCE.

Wish you a great day!

Cheers!

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #15091

I want to use JCE on my website but the Pagebuilder is not quit working stable with the synchronising text in preview on the frontend. So you do not see what you type. First Save, refresh page and there it is. This is quite a big bug for the biggest editor in Joomla together with the best pagebuilder :-)

Hi. Usually, synchronization with JCE works fine. The only case when it turns off if you place the cursor in the text right on the page (SP PB allows you to edit the text directly on the page, and not only in the editor window). To return to synchronization, switch to and back some parameter in the addon settings. For example, text alignment.

My second question, please have an option to load JCE in builder or not. I can imagine that if there is not loading an editor load Joomshaper editor. In JCE you can choose components per profile, so i could select all but SPpagebuilder.

The editor that is selected by default in Joomla global settings or which is selected in the settings of the individual user is loaded in SP PB. And in JCE you can choose SP PB.

I have always used JCE and I have never come across any problems when working with JCE in SP PB.

JS
Joris Stolker
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #17144

Hi Pavel,

I had a vacation :-D

Thanks, the tip of changing an option works. The issue here is working inline, maybe this option should be possible to disabled. Everytime when i want to change text inline (so not in the JCE editor) it does not synchronise. If i change an option it does. So it is not quit working good if you ask me. I am used to work inline (wordpress pagebuilders) so thats what i did and that never worked. A bit of a relieve what i can tell my customers about this bug, still a bug that needs some attention if you ask me.

I do not think the secons option is my solution. The issue is that if default is JCE and i do not load JCE for SP Pagebuilder there is no editor. So i can't use the default SP pagebuilder when JCE is the default editor. I would expect an option in SP pagebuilder that force there editor or to choose an installed editor.

Thanks again!

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #17177