[Locked] No JCE Editor After Updating To SP Pagebuilder 5.1.7 - Question | JoomShaper

[Locked] No JCE Editor After Updating To SP Pagebuilder 5.1.7

R

Rainer Höhn

SP Page Builder 6 months ago

Today I updated my SP Pagebuilder Pro to version 5.1.7. Unfortunately, my JCE editor has now disappeared from the text addons and I can't find a solution as to how I can show it again. There is only a very sparsely equipped editor with which you cannot work properly. How do I get my JCE editor back?

24 Answers
I
infini
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #136659

i noticed this issue as well - i looked around sp page builder for options to see if there was something we could do to choose an editor, but was not able to find an option like this.

we do have a backup copy that we save of the different versions of the sp page builder plugin, so if you have access to v5.1.6.. you can install that again, and gain back jce access in your text element editor.

J
Justin
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #136672

JCE Editor has been removed as an option ... see: https://www.joomshaper.com/blog/sp-page-builder-v5-1-7

I
infini
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #136675

woah! granted that i have given the new text editor zero chances.. this is kind of sad news. though sp page builder never really played nice with jce anyways, so maybe it's something that was needed. in time, will tell.

Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 6 months ago #136761

Hello all!

Yes, we have introduced a new text editor in the latest SP Page bUilder update:

https://www.joomshaper.com/blog/sp-page-builder-v5-1-7

We will hopefully improve it with time.

Really appreciate your opinions in the meantime.

Best Regards

SE
Sven Engelke
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #136767

Hello!

Why don't you give the user the choice of which editor he uses? JCE is the best editor. The new editor is not usable.

With JCE you could do everything from font sizes to tables. Now almost nothing works anymore. How are you supposed to write and format texts so sensibly?

Please undo this nonsense! How customers pay a lot of money for the page builder!

There's the JCE, like give it back to us, please!

greeting sven

Hans Blaettler
Hans Blaettler
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #136777

Hi,

Let's be clear: of course, first of all, kudos for all the developments and innovations you are working on, which makes Joomshaper a reliable partner for web development. And in itself, the simplified editor is a logical solution for easy text changes, etc.

It kinda makes sense to implement your own New Rich Text Editor for SP Page Builder to simplify the text content creation process for our users (aka end users?) but please give us developers the option to switch to the plugins we (also) love and work with to create solutions for our customers (our end users).

Kind regards, Hans

SE
Sven Engelke
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #136778

Hello!

That's a good point.

I don't know how to explain to my customers that they can no longer edit the texts comfortably. Above all, it is a must to set the editor window to large. I ask that you immediately provide the opportunity to choose the editor yourself.

greeting Sven

B
blue_Shift
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #136782

Thus I am frozen out at 5.1.6? JCE is light years ahead of any text editor anywhere - it will take years for anyone to catch up, not weeks, and only if they decide to get serious about acheiving parity. Many of us have entire workflows built around JCE, and we have pages that are core Joomla (with JCE) within the same site.

I don't object to having the option - but the choice should be up the designers who deal with nontechnical clients and have to train them. So here is Jomshaper injecting itself into my customer relations.

R
Ryan
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #136801

A possible compromise here is to use a similar solution as in Yootheme Pro. When editing a text block, their own version of Tinyme (not the Joomla version) is loaded, with a button in the editor toolbar to open a new modal window with the default Joomla editor (Tinymce, JCE, CodeMirror or whatever). Once the user has finished creating or editing the content, it is inserted into the original editor for further editing, saving etc.

SE
Sven Engelke
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #136803

Hello!

And how do I get the button into the new editor?

We need a solution very quickly because it simply doesn't work that way. I really wonder what the Page Builder developers were thinking. Do you want to get rid of all customers?

greeting sven

R
Ryan
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #136805

And how do I get the button into the new editor?

I'm proposing that Joomshaper add this or something similar to the new editor.

As the developer of JCE I obviously have an interest in seeing JCE continue to be used with SP PageBuilder, having put in a lot of effort in the past to make them work together.

This seems like a reasonable compromise that still fits in with Joomshaper's vision for a new custom editor for SP PageBuilder.

J
Justin
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #136815

Ryan - we greatly appreciate your input on this. JCE has been one of the best extensions in the Joomla sphere for years.

SE
Sven Engelke
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #136810

Hello!

That sounds very good. But it doesn't help at the moment. Simply adding an option under Settings in the page builder where you can choose the editor would be easiest.

At the moment you probably have to find an editor somewhere else and then insert the code into the Pagebuilder editor. I'm currently in the process of creating a website and don't know how to edit and format the text properly.

This all really upsets me, especially since I just spent another 100 euros on the license. I also give a course in Joomla + Page Builder at the VHS. There is another course coming up soon. Then I stand stupid in front of the participants because there is no real editor anymore, This is a tragedy!

greeting sven

J
Justin
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #136812

Sven,

Try installing PB 5.16 and also use JCE version 2.9.51 .. when I tested JCE 2.9.52 on older installs of PageBuilder (like 3x and 5.16 or below) it seems JCE would not display.

SE
Sven Engelke
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #136813

Hello!

Great, thank you very much for the tip. It works like this. This is at least a solution to work properly for now. Under no circumstances should you install JCE updates and page builder updates. At least not as long as there is no other solution. Let's hope that Joomshaper quickly implements a solution so that we can update again.

greeting sven

R
Rainer Höhn
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #136817

Hello everyone, I personally find it bizarre to have to downgrade in order to work properly with an application again. But thanks a lot to Justin - this seems to be the only option at the moment. But this is not a solution for my customers because I have to do it for them and that means additional work for me. I strongly advised some of my customers not to update Pagebuilder. A fundamental solution is urgently needed here and as quickly as possible so that we can again keep our applications up to date with a clear conscience.

J
Justin
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #136818

Glad to help, but remember not to update JCE 2.9.52 either as the latest version doesn't seem to work in PageBuilder, at least when I tested on PageBuilder 5.16 or below (including 3.x versions).

BOFHJunior
BOFHJunior
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #136833

I can confirm that.

R
Ryan
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #136825

but remember not to update JCE 2.9.52 either as the latest version doesn't seem to work in ...PageBuilder 5.16 or below

This is fixed in JCE Pro 2.9.53 Beta - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

J
Justin
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #136828

Thanks, I can confirm it is working properly with the 2.9.53 Beta when I test on a site using PageBuilder 3.x

A
Allen
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #136839

Do you have the non-pro core equivalent available? I'm mighty hesitant to buy a subscription to a product for a template framework that seems determined not to support it further.

Thanks!

J
Justin
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #136842

I suppose you could try the core version 2.9.51 here: https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/core

A
Allen
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #136846

When using SPPB 5.16, I found that I could no longer edit accordian text content correctly. The text from one accordian item displayed in others. It was a trainwreck! 5.17 fixed this, but now I can't even edit the properties of inserted graphics. I can't apply classes to text. The new native childish editor is barely more capable than the one we have for these forum posts. Ridiculous.

I can't go back to 5.16 because it doesn't even work, but JCE won't work in 5.17. I'm f'ed either way.

Thanks again Joomshaper. I'm back to battling the framework like when you released the first half-dozen HU 2.0.x versions. You have a hard enough time keeping your framework reliable. Leave the editor to the pro at JCE.

All development is now at a standstill for me.

Kawshar Ahmed
Kawshar Ahmed
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 6 months ago #136844

Clarification has been given https://www.joomshaper.com/forum/question/28791

Thanks

This topic is locked