[Locked] Clarification Regarding JCE Text Editor And SP Page Builder - Question | JoomShaper

[Locked] Clarification Regarding JCE Text Editor And SP Page Builder

Kawshar Ahmed

Kawshar Ahmed

SP Page Builder 6 months ago

Dear Valued Users,

We would like to address the concerns raised about the integration of the JCE text editor with SP Page Builder.

As a visual website builder, SP Page Builder is designed to streamline the process of creating and designing websites visually, without the need for complex coding. While we recognize that JCE has been a favored tool for many, the integration of a complex text editor with our visual builder has presented significant challenges, which, despite our best efforts, have not led to a sustainable solution.

Each update to the JCE editor introduced a set of complexities that affected the stability and performance of SP Page Builder. We listened to the significant concerns from our user community and, in response, developed our own text editor to ensure a seamless and stable experience. This move was aimed at simplifying the workflow and maintaining the intuitive nature of our visual builder.

We understand that change can be uncomfortable, and we assure you that the functionalities you have been using in JCE are still possible with SP Page Builder. We encourage you to share your specific use cases with us, and we are committed to providing guidance on how to achieve these within SP Page Builder.

Our priority is to ensure that SP Page Builder remains a powerful and user-friendly tool for all our users. We believe that adding a complex text editor into the visual builder could unnecessarily complicate your experience — it would be like placing a tool within a tool, which may not be practical or efficient.

To the users who have asked about the option to enable or disable JCE: we understand that if this were a simple matter of providing such an option, it would have been done. However, the technical intricacies go beyond what an enable/disable feature could resolve. Stability with JCE requires a collaborative solution, and we are open to reintegration if a solid, sustainable approach is provided by the JCE development team.

We deeply appreciate your continued support and understanding as we strive to provide the best possible experience with SP Page Builder. We are dedicated to your success and welcome any further feedback or inquiries you may have.

Warm regards

19 Answers
J
Justin
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #136845

Thanks Kawshar,

In case you missed it, The developer for JCE Editor posted this comment regarding JCE Editor and PB integration (comment #136801)

https://www.joomshaper.com/forum/question/28738#qa-answer-136801

Edited to include Ryan's initial comment

Kawshar Ahmed
Kawshar Ahmed
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 6 months ago #136849

We would like to see how it was done. I will be waiting to see Ryan's response here.

Thanks

A
Allen
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #136851

Me too!!!

R
Ryan
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #136853

We would like to see how it was done. I will be waiting to see Ryan's response here.

The solution I am proposing would be similar to that implemented in Yootheme Pro. I've had no involvement in their integration, as it is editor agnostic - it supports any Joomla editor including Tinymce, CodeMirror and JCE.

Stability with JCE requires a collaborative solution, and we are open to reintegration if a solid, sustainable approach is provided by the JCE development team.

JCE is a Joomla extension, not an SP PageBuilder extension. It is not my responsibility to integrate JCE with SP PageBuilder, or any other specific Joomla extension. JCE is accessed via the Joomal Editor API, and functions perfectly within that context. If Joomshaper or any other developer requires a different integration approach then it is up to them to make that work. I have over the years made numerous updates and attempts to help get JCE working adequately with SP PageBuilder. The last I heard from Joomshaper regarding the issue was in 2016. Issues that they have apparently been having with JCE have not been shared with me.

It would seem to me that the intention to use a custom editor in SP PageBuilder in 5.1.7 onwards has very little to do with JCE, otherwise why would support for Tinymce be removed too? Perhaps they feel they can better serve their users with a custom editor solution, so good luck to them.

Either way, JCE will continue to function as it has done with SP PageBuilder up to 5.1.6. I looked forward to hearing of any possible integration solution from Joomshaper or JCE users, which I will support to the best of my ability.

J
Justin
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #136854

Thanks Ryan, I appreciate your thoughts on this.

Kawshar Ahmed
Kawshar Ahmed
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 6 months ago #136856

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for your valuable comment.

JCE is a Joomla extension, not an SP PageBuilder extension. It is not my responsibility to integrate JCE with SP PageBuilder, or any other specific Joomla extension. JCE is accessed via the Joomal Editor API, and functions perfectly within that context.

Thank you very much for the clarification. This was very much needed.

It would seem to me that the intention to use a custom editor in SP PageBuilder in 5.1.7 onwards has very little to do with JCE, otherwise why would support for Tinymce be removed too?

You are absolutely correct. It's not about JCE. It's about Tinymce as well. Both are same and we could not keep any of them.

However, we will look other ways to add support to JCE. We have to find an alternative way besides the traditional way to adding support.

Regards

J
Justin
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #136860

Thanks for your input Kawshar, I look forward to hearing more regarding adding support to JCE.

R
Rainer Höhn
Accepted Answer
5 months ago #136874

Thanks Ryan for the clarification.

Kawshar, I also occasionally had problems with the JCE in the page builder. But these problems were negligible compared to the problems the new editor caused me. Please keep in mind that almost all users, especially the Pro versions, have customers who have little or no Sorce code background. And these customers have to maintain the content of the pages. In its current form, this is no longer possible for many of my customers, e.g. If something doesn't change quickly, I'll be forced to look for an alternative in the future. That would be a shame because I really enjoyed working with the SP Pagebuilder in the past.

It's possible that I'm oversimplifying this, but Ryan's suggestion sounds very logical and feasible.

Kawshar Ahmed
Kawshar Ahmed
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 5 months ago #136909

JCE is a Joomla extension, not an SP PageBuilder extension. It is not my responsibility to integrate JCE with SP PageBuilder, or any other specific Joomla extension. JCE is accessed via the Joomal Editor API, and functions perfectly within that context.

It's clear that the editor is not made for Page Builder. And, that's why it was not working. However, we are trying to figure out an alternative way.

Thanks

FB
Fernando Bautista
Accepted Answer
5 months ago #136889

Cordial saludo.

Está sucediendo exactamente lo mismo que con el editor Gutenberg en WordPress, implementaron algo a la fuerza, destruyó miles de sitios web y al final, volvieron a implementar el editor clásico porque el de bloques fue un desastre y lean lo siguiente si creen que esto no es en serio:

https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/gutenberg/reviews/?filter=1

https://es.wordpress.org/plugins/classic-editor/

Insisto y con todo respeto, cometen un error enorme, esa decisión hará que muchos aparte de desistir del uso de SPPB, se vayan a otros CMS tal y como estamos mirando.

Ustedes pensaron que solo era decir: abandonamos la integración de JCE, haremos un nuevo editor y todos felices...pues ya ven que no, me criticaron en Facebook de comunidad JoomShapper por edicir esto, ahora lo ratificó, los usuarios sabemos lo que queremos y eso queda totalmente demostrado a través de la opinión y decisiones de la mayoría, no queremos un editor de texto nuevo, trabajamos y apoyamos masivamente JCE.

Busquen el modo de sentarse con Ryan y dialogar como buenos profesionales buscando la cohexistencia de SPPB y JCE, de eso dependerán muchos clientes y valga la pena decirlo, no tomar la decisión de abandonar Joomla que la verdad, sería lo más grave de todo este asunto.

Kawshar Ahmed
Kawshar Ahmed
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 5 months ago #136905

Did you read the statement?

FB
Fernando Bautista
Accepted Answer
5 months ago #136919

¿Podemos opinar?

gracias...

SG
Stefan Gros
Accepted Answer
5 months ago #136900

I use JCE and i like it. The advantage (and pain) of a CMS like Joomla or wordpress ist the integration of different tools to meet different needs. Joomshaper makes very bad decisions sometime (like they did in PB4). A tool like JCE, that is very common and follows all Joomla standards should be "compatible" with PB anyway. Please listen to your customers (faster as you did in case of SPP4). What i need at least is a warning if you do such things, so i can avoid the upgrade and wait till you revert your decision, stick to the older version or in the worst case look out for another product. In cases like this, where somthing usefull is no longer working, you get me in troubles and i dont like beeing in troubles.

Kawshar Ahmed
Kawshar Ahmed
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 5 months ago #136907

Did you read the clarification?

I am qouting the JCE deleoper's reply for you.

Still we are trying to figure out an way. Please be coperative. Threatining to leave the platform won't help.

Thanks

FB
Fernando Bautista
Accepted Answer
5 months ago #136918

Ahmed Kawsharla única amenaza aquí es su forma poco agradable de contestar a quien solo pretende opinar.

entiendo que la situación es delicada para ustedes porque perderan un mundo de clientes si no encuentran un modo de solventar cooperativamente esta situacion, pero no debe descargarse contra los usuarios y mas si son clientes de SPPB preocupados.

SG
Stefan Gros
Accepted Answer
5 months ago #136922

I am not threatenig anybody. What i understand and correct me if i am wrong, is that the developer of JCE follow all the rules for joomla development (development standards). A tool that does that, should work seemlessly with all other tools that follow the same ruels imo. What my critic is about is the lack of information and some businessdecisions that hurt your customerbase. I can remember a lot of discussions regarding canceling the backenddevelopment of SPP4. I did revert this idea for a good reason an SPP5 is way better then 4. The canceing of JCE is such an idea even if is way less important then others but still not a very good idea, what can easily been seen in the reactions here. BTW another point of possivble improvement ist that you solve a lot of problems here on the boards by working on the customers website. That is great., but if you would also post, what you did would make it possible that people with the same problem resolve the problem on their own. Saves you time and ressources and speed up the resolution of the problem.

Scott
Scott
Accepted Answer
5 months ago #136929

The JCE editor with a Joola Article has has the feature to add Joomla Modules, how the SPPB versin does not, why? Needs to be be fixed. If not please explain why.

The other issue I ahve brought up is the width adjusemnet ot he SPPB side tool bar is fixed width that and should be user resizable. It needs to be fixed efixed!

Michael Wandt
Michael Wandt
Accepted Answer
5 months ago #136961

I can only agree with the previous speakers, even if I can understand the argument that the JCE editor is difficult to integrate and may cause problems. Nevertheless, the ball remains in Joomshaper's court, because not announcing such a step in advance with a corresponding notice is not customer-friendly.

I have also had the feeling for some time that new components/plugins are released far too quickly without an appropriate debugging phase. @ Joomshaper developer: put your heads together and please find a solution to reintegrate the JCE Editor, because the new editor in its current state is an absolute joke!

Kawshar Ahmed
Kawshar Ahmed
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 5 months ago #136962

We have released a new update reintroducing JCE in a little different way.

Learn more https://www.joomshaper.com/forum/question/28817

This topic is locked