After Migrating To Sp Pagebuilder 5 A User With The Editor Role Cannot Upload Images Anymore. - Question | JoomShaper

After Migrating To Sp Pagebuilder 5 A User With The Editor Role Cannot Upload Images Anymore.

A

agv_joomshaper

SP Page Builder 3 weeks ago

Our test environment, Ageevee.nl/agvtest, now running Joomla 5.03 and SP Page Builder 5.2.9, presented this issue. The user received an 'undefined' error upon attempting to upload images. Interestingly, users with admin rights didn't face this problem.

To address the issue, we temporarily granted the 'access to administrative interface' permission, which resolved the problem. However, it seems unnecessary for a user with an Editor role to require access to the administrative interface in the frontend. Therefore, I believe this to be a bug that warrants attention.

8 Answers
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 3 weeks ago #153736

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out, and I apologize for any inconvenience caused by this oversight. To better address the issue, could you kindly provide Joomla administrator access? This will enable me to thoroughly investigate the matter and provide you with a prompt resolution.

I appreciate your cooperation and will ensure to get back to you as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Toufiqur Rahman (Team Lead, Support)

A
agv_joomshaper
Accepted Answer
3 weeks ago #153743

See hidden content for credentials site url: ageevee.nl/agvtest

A
agv_joomshaper
Accepted Answer
1 week ago #154490

Migrating to SP Page Builder v.5.3.0 doesn't solve this issue

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 week ago #154685

Can you tell me one thing? Which user group used for this user?

A
agv_joomshaper
Accepted Answer
1 week ago #154714

For this user the editor role is used. https://go.screenpal.com/watch/cZf36bVMiuh

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 week ago #154719

You should use manager group.

A
agv_joomshaper
Accepted Answer
1 week ago #154728

If I use the manager group than the user has access to the back-end. That is not what we want. He should only has access to the front-end and use sppb front-end functionality.

If I grant the editor role access to the administator interface upload is enabled again https://go.screenpal.com/watch/cZf3XyVMiEN

In SPPB v3 working in the front-end with the editor role is fine. Why does it not work anymore in sppb v5 and do you need access to the administrator interface?

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 week ago #154744

I need to talk with our developer team. Allow me time. Thanks