SPPage Builder 4 Visibility Not Working Correctly - Question | JoomShaper

SPPage Builder 4 Visibility Not Working Correctly

G

Graeme

SP Page Builder 1 year ago

Hi, I have a page layout created in SPPB 3 After upgrading to SPPB 4 The Visabily is not working in Preview and live mode It works perectly in Design/edit mode The headers change dependent on the device but when you view the saved page in preview or on the site both headers are visible

In SPPB 4 We have have 6 device views But the Addon under advanced I only have the original 3 devices is this correct

25 Answers
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #81983

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting us. Sorry for the inconvenience. Will you please provide me the Joomla administrator access to check the issue? I will check & get back to you soon. 

Note: Please share an screencast video about the full scenario.

-Thanks

G
Graeme
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #82073

Video And access details in private area

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #82171

Yes, Visibility hidden desktop doesn't work on view mode. I have informed our team. I hope they will fix it soon.

G
Graeme
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #85607

Hi just a quick Update This problem Visibility hidden not working The visibilty settings seem to work correctly in preview mode but dont work when you acces the page via a live url

And the problem with the Read more Code disappering when the Article page is saved Both issue still persit after the upgrade to SPPB 4.0.4

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #86007

Sorry last update doesn't solved your issue. I just added a css class to solve your issue. I hope team will add a fix in the future update.

Added this css class

d-lg-none

G
Graeme
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #86031

Hi, Toufiq Unfortunately This is not working correctly. It is in the desktop view, but not in any of the other device views There are also two other elements which don't disappear in the Tablet and Mobile view.

Do you not think it is odd that the visibility issue work as they are supposed to in Preview mode but not in Live view? Is this more a caching issue that the old CSS code is not being replaced when saving the page, as the CSS must be correct at some point for the preview to work correctly?

I have upgraded to 4.0.5 and the issue persists as does the inability to add read more tag in the Article In 4.0.5 trying to save the read more tag in the article deleted the content of this article in SP Page builder I was able to recover that page but this is worrying. Is there a way to add the article-introtext and read more tag from within SP Page builder and not have to revert to the Joomla editor to add this content as this looks to be potentially very destructive?

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #86032

Will you please check again and let me know. Already I have reported your issue to our developer team. I hope the developer team will check & get back to you soon. Thanks

G
Graeme
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #86036

Hi, Toufiq, No Its not working the desktop View stays on all the time and the visbiltiy of the mobile only content does not display at all

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #86037

Can you tell me which devices want to hide and which device don't want?

G
Graeme
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #86045

Hi, Toufiq, Seems like the moble specific content had been removed, below are screenshot which show how the page should look on each device size. The header changes on mobile and the ads on the left hand side are removed on mobile. desktop laptop tablet_landscape tablet_portrait mobile-landscape.jpg mobile-portrait

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #86056

Just share an screenshot what exactly do you want. I have checked the visibilty options and it has issue.

G
Graeme
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #86119

Hi Toufiq, the screen shots above show that the mobile view have a different heading to the other devices and the two ads down the side under the cover image do not to display on mobile this works in SP Pages builder Work space and in the Preview mode but fails to work on the live page. thought the previous screen shots showed this
Please note I have 153 pages to replicate this on, as they all have the same problems so i am unlikely to do this until all the issues have been resolved.

I will also be waiting for either your new ecommerce solution or J2 Store to bring out a compatible product which i have a beta of so no rush Kind regards Graeme

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #86156

Please allow more time to figure out this issue. Thanks

G
Graeme
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #90636

Hi Just installed the latest version And the readmore issue is solved But the Visibility issues remain, they work well on the development/production page and in preview, but still do not work on the live page.

Also loving the new drag and drop feature wee seem to be getting there

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #90749

Will you please produce the visibility issue on this site? The developer team will fix it soon.

G
Graeme
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #90801

Hi This page is a Joomla article not a SPPB Page, it uses the SPPB article integration
I save the element from this Article and recreated it in SP Page builder as a page and not an article

It works perfectly https://skm2.dns-systems.net/magazine/test.html

So the problem is specific to the SPPB integration into articles and is not an issue in an SPPB Standard page.

This is the same page but in an article https://skm2.dns-systems.net/skm-back-issues/issues-150-to-159/shotokan-karate-magazine-issue-150.html You can see the differences if not

Desktop screenshot ![https://skm2.dns-systems.net/images/sampledata/Desktop1aaa.jpg]

Tablet ![https://skm2.dns-systems.net/images/sampledata/Tabletxxx.jpg]

Mobile ![https://skm2.dns-systems.net/images/sampledata/Mobilexxx.jpg]

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #90835

Just create an sample on my demo site & I will try to manage a fix as soon possible.

G
Graeme
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #90846

Hi Created a simple page and published it in blog Works perfetly in SPPB And Preview but when you view from the blog page you will see none of the visibilty settings work

Name or article Graemezee test

I hope this helps

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #91046

Thank you so much. I just shared our developer team. I hope next version will fix it. Thanks

G
Graeme
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #104521

Hi Its 3 months now it there any chance this issue is going to be fixed I check after each release but no joy yet

Kind regards

Graeme

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #104658

Before release I will share an build. Thanks for reminder.

G
Graeme
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #107557

Hi SPPB 4.0.8 seems to have resolved the issus above i have to edit every page but still the visibility now works Thank you.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #107803

Yes, Developer team informed me this issue has been solved this version. Thanks

G
Graeme
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #108718

Hi I have found small issue with this Article visability issue It Seems to be working correctly except in mobile view. I have some elements which only to display in landscape and portait mobile view They show correctly in the Mobile landscape option but dissaper in Mobile portriat view https://skm2.dns-systems.net/skm-back-issues/issues-150-to-159/shotokan-karate-magazine-issue-150.html

As in the previous issue they display correctly in the SPPB developmet area just not in preview or live pages

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #109547

Could you elaborate your issue via screenshot or screencast video?