You had A Good Very Good Backend - Why To Change It... (version 4) - Question | JoomShaper

You had A Good Very Good Backend - Why To Change It... (version 4)

PS

Patrick Scheu

SP Page Builder 1 year ago

Sorry but giving up on the back end editor does not worth it. The front end editor is confusing... with a lot off bugs by the way... Have a nice day

31 Answers
E
elliott
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #86451

Hi @Ariba,

That's a bit comforting announcement for the next 3 years of support for the v3. However, this still put most of the dev to start looking elsewhere.

Honestly, I am not sure why you guys went into following the Elementor's way. There's a reason why we are Joomla developers and not Wordpress. Because we believe in Joomla much more solid structure in comparison to Wordpress. We have our own identity that shouldn't be mixed up with the so called Wordpress Developer Wanna be.

My own personal preference is to built the site without any page builder at all. However, the existence of SPPB is great because it gives my customer easy editing feature while maintaining my ability to custom code the website to suit my customer's needs. All without creating a custom component like I used to in the past. The released of SPPB v4 changed all of that aspects.

Maybe this next sentence could be something to reconsider in regards to the back end editor: Although I can see that you guys are aiming toward reaching out to more end users than developers, but the truth is, more than 80% of the end users didn't built their own website. They hire a developer to build it first so that they can maintain it easily. So, before winning the heart of the end users, it is WISE to win the heart of the developers first. Because end users wouldn't even know the existence of your component until we suggest them. It just a common sense thought.

Cheer! Elliott

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #82031

Hi

Thanks for contacting us. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. I will note it down.

-Regards.

E
elliott
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #83693

Hello,

I second this comment! Please bring the back end editor back. Until then, I will definitely downgrade my system back to version 3 because in version 4, if we use ANY kind of custom scripting in raw HTML, then we are screwed! We cannot edi them no more. Any raw HTML pages using sourcerer are NOT editable in the new version 4.

I hope this is NOT the beginning of me leaving SP Page Builder because I have been using your components for so long since the day of your first release! Like many had mentioned in the other forums, "If it ain't break, DON"T change it please!" because you just ruin a perfectly nice component into a useless bulk of codes.

C
CoolEdit
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #84059

Without the backend editor sppagebuilder is almost useless. The frontend editor shows our pages incorrectly and is super complicated to use. If the backend editor is not back in the next version, we will probably use another pagbuilder in the future.

A
asiewert
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #86369

I totally agree with the above. HUGE mistake eliminating the backend editor. The value of PageBuilder was the way I could quickly put a beautiful page together and leave experimental portions in place turned off. Now that all becomes an incomprehensible mess of layers and layers and layers. YUCK!

E
elliott
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #86375

Question regarding next SP Page builder release. Will the back-end editor be return in the next release? I need to know so that I can plan my course of action. If you have no plan to bring the back end editor back, I need to begin transforming all of my client's website to a different text editor. Or perhaps I would just leave it as Joomla native editor instead. Because at least everything would be working that way. As it is now, we are stuck with older version of SPPB because once we updated to v4, LOTS of problems. Especially with custom scripting using Sourcerer.

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #86378

Hi

Thanks for contacting us. I am sorry to say that backend will not be available for the next release.

E
elliott
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #86380

Thank you for confirming. At least now I know the directions I am going. Sad to say after years with your component I guess it is time to part with. Thank you.

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #86381

You are welcome.

G
Ginius
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #86393

@Mehtaz Afsana Borsha,

People decide to leave PageBuilder and you are saying 'Your welcome'.

Why not give them more information about the plans that SPPB 4 has and how long SPPB 3 will excist (I thought at least two years).

Give a readmap so people can make wise there decision and not only based on one release.

Thinks of my mind: why not two version? One with the backend and one without the backend? Could be solving a lot of issues (in my option).

K
Kieron
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #86423

@Mehtaz Afsana Borsha I too will be calling it quits anen version 3.8 is no longer supported ... I have only installed V4 on one site and its terrible.... to complicated for me to offer to a client.

Ariba
Ariba
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #86425

Hello Ginius

If i may..

Why not give them more information about the plans that SPPB 4 has and how long SPPB 3 will excist (I thought at least two years).

I understand all of your points and we will definitely share it with our Team. Thank you for sharing your concerns with us.

Yes, SP Page Builder 4.0 has a completely new architecture and we can not add backend edit support to it. But at JoomShaper, regardless of any challenges we face, we always try our best to put our customers first. That’s why we have decided to give regular updates to the 3.x series as we have been, for at least the next three years.

SP Page Builder 3.x series will continue to receive security patches, updates, and compatibility support for at least the next 3 years.

K
Kieron
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #86430

Hi Ariba,

Why not continue to develop PB3 alongside PB4 .... That keeps everyone happy. I have zero interest in PB4 at any time soon ....

MM
Mon Amour Massage
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #86665

This move with the elimination of the backend editor was a huge mistake. I have been using SP Page Builder for many years and I want to continue doing so. But, if you don't introduce the backend editor again in the next updates, I will have to give up your product. Thank you.

G
Geoff
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #90276

I will add my voice to the backend editor being superior to the front end editor. Could it be reinstated?

Thanks, Geoff

Digima
Digima
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #90294

Hi we use SP3 for around 300 sites, and we have use for many years now. We have install SP4 on one site and is,s so far away where backend SP3 is.

Can you on Joomshaper please take a big talk and rethink yours decision about backend system for SP4?

SP3 Backend is a power toole for Joomla. SP4 is just crap, sorry

Kindly Mikael A - Vallgruppen

‏‏‎ ‎J‏‏‎‎e‏‎‏‏‎‎n‏‏‎‎s W.‏‏‎
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #90299

@all you should also read this thread by dolmenhir, Christopher Collins, Karen Dunne, Kieron, Ginius, Pavel and many more, in regard of sppb4.

Sppb 4 Disappointment - How To Download Latest V3.8 ?

Guillaume Langlais
Guillaume Langlais
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #90303

Hello Team, I stand in solidarity with this question. I really prefer use back end for may reasons.

K
Kieron
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #90309

@Jens ... what makes you think we have not read it? Joomshaper are also sending very mixed messages about how long PB3 will be supported ....

Next two years SPPB 3.x will supported, with component updates! Another support staff said 3 years minimum.... recently I saw a quote of 1 year.

We need a roadmap. Personally, I cannot see PB4 of ever being usefel to me. Its OK for users to edit pages but not to create them!

Accepted Answer
1 year ago #90314

@Kieron I know you and others already comented in this post.

Since the forum is a disaster in case of the search, I share the links again, that other users who come across this post, also find the second post to it and can read.

I apologize that this was not clear from my answer.
In 8 days I also no longer have access to the forum, because then my license has expired and I will not renew.

Joomshaper are also sending very mixed messages about how long PB3 will be supported .... Next two years SPPB 3.x will supported, with component updates! Another support staff said 3 years minimum.... recently I saw a quote of 1 year.

Yes, they also tell you, there will be updates soon, but most of the times these replys are more then 6 months old and still nothing has happend.
The support uses the apologies in such an inflationary way that they don't even have any meaning anymore when you read them.

D
digitalhouse
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #90336

I would also like to add that we have used SPPB 3 on over 200 websites and if the backend editor is not brought out for SPPB 4 then we will be leaving Joomshaper completely! The backend editor was loved by our developers and customers! Sarah - Digital House

E
elliott
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #90355

Hello all,

Looking at all the comments, I think it is now just come down to 2 choices for the JoomShaper developers.

1. Be a poor man/woman with dignity to keep your pride of what you think is a "good upgraded version of SPPB" while loosing all of your years of loyal customers/users.
  2. Be a rich and successfull developer because he/she is being a reasonable developer who listen to the voice of their customers/users.

The choice is yours.

I personally would ALWAYS listen to my customer's voice because without them there's no me. However, I cannot expect you to do the same. In my 30 years of developing website, I have seen many idealistic developers who would rather keep their idea than their customers. Sadly, most of them are now can be seen monthly in the Gov. Welfare office waiting in line for food stamps. Simply because they realized it a bit too late. Customers are already long gone. There's no turning back from the Food Stamps.

Cheers! Elliott

A
AJones
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #90360

Frontend only is unusable IMO.....I'm sticking with 3.

P
Patrick
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #92872

Hi,

i also dont understand why the backend isnt there anymore. I like very much to work with. For me, its one step back. Please, reinstall the backend in Joomla 4. Everybody need it

Thank you

G
Ginius
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #92885

@Patrick,

I guess you measn backend in SPPB 4.

SPPB3 is also wokring in Joomla 4. Not need to rush to goto SPPB4. Most of my sites are using SPPB3. SPPB4 I'l wait till it is more stable.

P
Patrick
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #92888

@Ginius,

many thanks for the information, thats great. I didnt know it

Best regards Patrick

PS: i reinstalled SPPB3 in Joomla 4, it works, fantastic !!!

LW
Lisa Willaman
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #100873

Ditto, add my vote for support for SPPB 3 and SPPB 4.

No backend editor is a dealbreaker.

Challange: anyone know of another popular Joomla page builder that does not have a backend editor?

Accepted Answer
1 year ago #100913

@Lisa Willaman

Yootheme and the T4 page builder do not have a backend editor, I don't know if you can call them popular. :)

Guillaume Langlais
Guillaume Langlais
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #100928

For me the problem is not front or backend, the problem is some functionnalities have disappeared in frontend.

Accepted Answer
1 year ago #101704

I am not a native english speaker, do I read this right.
SPPB 3 EOL end of summer 2023?

https://www.joomshaper.com/forum/question/21559#qa-answer-101692

A
asiewert
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #111849

Dear Mr. Frankowski

I see on your Facebook page (January 23rd) that you there WILL be a backend editor in the future ongoing version of Pagebuilder. Whether that is 3.X or 4.X.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sppagebuilder/permalink/2112204838971102/?sfnsn=scwspmo&ref=share&mibextid=5hxk5e

It is confusing to see your post from 30 minutes ago that says this is not true. Can you shed some light on the plans for a backend editor going forward?