Page Builder V4 Freezing / Crashing / Unresponsive - Question | JoomShaper

Page Builder V4 Freezing / Crashing / Unresponsive

J

johnny

SP Page Builder 1 year ago

I have spent all of today trying to work with SPPB Pro v4 and it's extremley frustrating. It constantly crashes, freezes, is unresponsive, slow to the point of being totally unusable. Clicking save sometimes does nothing, other times it takes over 5 minutes then freezes and I lose all my work.

I am using a powerful laptop, lots of RAM, modern browser and a fresh install of Joomla.

I've tried PHP 8.1 an 8.0 - no difference. Currently using PHP Version 8.0.23

I've also tried two different templates and quickstart packages (Edulif and Educon), no difference.

I can see other users have reported the same issue.

I upgraded to v4 for increased productivity, this is the complete opposite.

My site is currently localhost so I'm unable to share access.

Please advise me what to check so I can proceed without wasting more of my time. I cannot stress how slow it is and how bad this product is to use.

I am using SPPB Pro Version 4.0.6 and Joomla 4.2.5

27 Answers
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #93994

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting us. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please install this package and let me know the result.

-Thanks

J
johnny
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #95656

Can I ask what changes have been made in this package and if it's an official release?

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #95692

It's just a pacth. We will release it soon. Thanks

JB
Joe Blow
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #95840

Same problem. Could I also have the package?

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #95860

@Joe Blow share your email address.

JB
Joe Blow
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #95946

My email address

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #96018

Please check your email. Thanks

C
CBRBNN
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #97133

I am experiencing the same problems. Also under Firefox, Chrome, Opera. J4, PB 4.0.6. localhost. really very frustrating!

J
johnny
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #97138

@CYbErX The new v4 is totally unusable in my experience, much more testing is required before it's 'stable'.

I decided to uninstall SPPB v4 and install v3, much better experience.

C
CBRBNN
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #97147

@johnny (tag is working?)

We walk in the same shoes, I came to this conclusion as well. Did you get a patch? How did it work?

J
johnny
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #97150

@CYbErX No, tag isn;t working - this forum isn't that advanced!

I did get the patch, but i'm not a Joomshaper tester - I have better things to do! Easier to use v3.

A lof of what they are selling here these days is out of date or buggy.

C
CBRBNN
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #97151

I see, I thought you tried it and it would help..

I just renewed my subscription, I'm not satisfied at the moment.

J
johnny
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #97153

I didn't try it, I don't have the time. I expected the item I purchased to work, unfortyunately it doesn't and the developers are in no rush to help. I don;t have the time to test Joomshaper 'beta' products for them.

I also renewed my subscription, I'm beginning to regret that decision. Most of templates are either out of date, or not compatible with Joomla 4 or PHP v8.

I have beena customer for many years but I am reconsidering after recently.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #97168

@johnny with due respect don't spread bad things & even if you didn't try the patch which I have shared with you. Without checking the patch (package) you shouldn't give a unknown feedback another user. As a user, you should help us to build better quality products. I hope you will understand. Thanks

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #97169

@CYbErX If you have any question please create a forum post or if you need this patch share your email address. I will share with you. Thanks

C
CBRBNN
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #97172

@Toufiq Yes, need it the patch. But when will it be public?

J
johnny
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #97175

@Toufiq With respect, as a paying customer, I am entitled to my opinion on your products that I have purchased. If you don't like reading negative feedback, I suggest you endeavour to offer better support to your customers.

It's not my responsibility to try your patch. It's your responsibility to provide me with a working version of the product I paid for, you are responsible for testing, not me.

As a customer I want to support Joomshaper, as I have for many years. The only way you can build better products is by listening to customer feedback. I am happy to elaborate in private if you wish.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #97177

Check your email.

C
CBRBNN
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #97178

@Toufiq I agree with Johnny!

J
johnny
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #97182

@Toufiq are you asking me to check my mail, or @CYbErX ?

J
johnny
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #97183

@Toufiq Thanks for your support, but I suspect our feedback will be ignored and not considered.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #97184

@johnny

@Toufiq With respect, as a paying customer, I am entitled to my opinion on your products that I have purchased. If you don't like reading negative feedback, I suggest you endeavour to offer better support to your customers.

If you aren't happy about our support then I apologize to all of you. But, We try to provide a better quality support for our users. Yes, you are paying customer & if you want you can ask refund.

It's not my responsibility to try your patch. It's your responsibility to provide me with a working version of the product I paid for, you are responsible for testing, not me.

I didn't tell you to test our products. I gave you a patch & this patch has the solution to your issue. the official release will delay that's why I have shared a patch with you. If it's our fault then I am very sorry.

As a customer I want to support Joomshaper, as I have for many years. The only way you can build better products is by listening to customer feedback. I am happy to elaborate in private if you wish.

You can share your thoghts via email at [email protected]

-Thanks

Ulf Nadge
Ulf Nadge
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #99005

@Toufiq: That sounds like my problem. I want to get the patch too.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #99025

@Ulf Nadge done

D
Daniel
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #99877

@Toufiq please provide me the patch as well.

Thank you

JB
Joe Blow
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #99918

Is this patch included in the 4.0.7 update? The patch works so I don't want overwrite it.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #100276

Is this patch included in the 4.0.7 update?

Yes and Also some new fix added into the 4.0.7 version.

-Thanks