Akeeba Social Login - Forum | JoomShaper
Awaiting an answer Helix Framework

Akeeba Social Login

Asked by Anthony Cowburn 3 years ago Last activity 3 years ago

I appreciate this may be out of the scope of support.
I use Akeeba Social which “uses the new additional login buttons feature in Joomla — the same feature used by Joomla's own Web Authentication plugin — to provide a seamless user experience”.
The social login buttons seem to be stripped when using the Helix Login Form.
I understand Helix Ultimate uses its own login form..
So, I created a Module – Copying the Joomla Login module and placed on the home page but the social login icons still don’t display.
Any pointers appreciated.

4 replies

Rashida Rahman Staff

Hi there!

Thanks for contacting us. Yes, you are right it is kind of third party support request. But where are the icon issues, can you redirect us there with links and screenshots, please? We will have a look to see if there is a way to resolve it.

Best Regards

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha Staff

Hi

Thanks for contacting us. Could you please give me a screenshot of your issue?

-Regards.

Anthony Cowburn Asked this

Hi,
Can I ask if Helix template login 'responds to the onUserLoginButtons' in Joomla4!

Thanks
Anthony
https://github.com/akeeba/sociallogin/wiki/Integrating-with-template-overrides#adding-login-buttons

"As noted, our code DOES NOT render the login buttons in Joomla 4. Our code simply responds to the onUserLoginButtons event which was added in Joomla 4. Plugins responding to this event convey all the information Joomla needs to render additional login buttons such as WebAuthn (included in Joomla), SocialLogin etc.

If your extension does not render these buttons please talk to its developer. They need to update its code for Joomla 4. There is nothing you can do with an override."

Log in to reply.