Page Builder Pro Component Jumps To Front End... - Question | JoomShaper

Page Builder Pro Component Jumps To Front End...

BP

Bruce Paine

SP Page Builder 1 year ago

Joomla 4.2.6, SP Page Builder Pro 4.0.7

Now, when I click "Components, SP Page Builder, Pages", instead of being taken to the page builder control panel, I'm being directed to my web site home page. I'm using the latest Firefox browser version and have tried closing and restarting the app without success.

Oh...but wait a minute or six...it's back up and running again. And to add to chaos, there are now unpublished documents appearing on the home page and article/blog search results.

What can be causing this?

16 Answers
BP
Bruce Paine
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #100348

Apologies if my OP sounds sarcastic but so far my experience with SP Page Builder Pro has been rather bumpy.

I have a found what I think is the solution to the above. During one of the episodes (being directed to my site's home page instead of SPBP edit screen), I pinpointed an SPBP related component that wasn't checked out. Global check-in fixed the problem, though I have no idea why the situation arose. I closed all windows properly before exiting Joomla admin.

As for the unpublished articles appearing, that looks to be a temporary situation that affects Firefox browser after a while working in the Joomla back-end. Those articles do not appear when browsing the site from other browsers and devices.

BP
Bruce Paine
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #100356

OK - I thought I had the answer but the problem of being directed to my website front end instead of the SPPB edit screeen. But it's happening again.

I created a new module, selected for SPPB, chose a position and clicked on edit in SPPB. Now I see the website home page and a message at the bottom right corner of the screen: "You don't have permission to access this. Please contact a website administrator if this is incorrect."

This time Global-checkin does not report any items needing to be checked in.

I've also enabled Joomla error reporting but no errors have appeared.

However, I can open SPPB pages I created yesterday. Just not the one I'm trying to create today.

I'm logged on to the back end as superuser.

Waiting here patiently (probably on the other side of the planet) wondering what the Joomshaper support people have to say.

BP
Bruce Paine
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #100359

OK well this is definitely weird. Shortly after typing my long description of this problem, it resolved itself.

All I did was open existing SPPB modules and edit them without saving.

Then I opened the new module/page I was trying to create in the first place. Hey presto, the permission error has disapeared and I can continue creating the new content.

Surely there must be an explanation for this?

BP
Bruce Paine
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #100367

A further update to confirm that this is an intermittent fault.

I've had some time being able to edit SPPB pages.

Now I'm getting the permissions error and can't proceed.

I wonder if it might be a hosting configuration problem. But that is a pure guess.

A
AMurray2017
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #100378

It's now a "front end editor" what you're seeing is supposed to happen. You can directly edit the pages from the front-end (ever since v 4 was released).

BP
Bruce Paine
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #100379

Thanks. It's good to know what is supposed to happen.

However, the problem with my site is when I try to open SP Page Builder, the front-end displays but without any tooboxes, controls or anything that allows design work to proceed. It just looks like the front end as the public sees it.

So it's pretty clear something isn't right. I've asked my hosting company to confirm the configuration is suitable for the plugin and vice versa.

Christian Scherer
Christian Scherer
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #100546

I'm having the same problem like Bruce. Front-end displays without any toolboxes etc.

Doublechecked if any configuration issues exist, but seems ok.

Just found the following in the php log:

"child 907648 said into stderr: "NOTICE: PHP message: PHP Warning: Attempt to read property "id" on null in /var/www/domains/(domainname)/libraries/src/Updater/Adapter/ExtensionAdapter.php on line 303"

When it rains it pours...

So, any advice would be highliy appreciated. Thx

BP
Bruce Paine
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #100554

I'm sorry to hear that others are experiencing the same issue but it is good to know that I'm not alone. :-)

My hosting provider recommended checking the php error log. I also found the warning mentioned above:

"[06-Jan-2023 22:34:39 UTC] PHP Warning: Attempt to read property "id" on null in /home/comfootc/public_html/libraries/src/Updater/Adapter/ExtensionAdapter.php on line 303"

I'm not sure if it is relevant. It is just a warning. Not a critical error.

Christian Scherer
Christian Scherer
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #101036

Time passes by and no reaction yet...

@Joomshaper: any advice would be highly appreciated

BP
Bruce Paine
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #101162

Agreed. It would be good to at least have some acknowledgement from Joomshaper that the problem exists and a solution is being worked on.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #102716

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting us. Sorry for the inconvenience. Will you please provide me the Joomla administrator access to check the issue? I will check & get back to you soon. 

Can anyone share a screencast video about the full scenario? I will check & if i found the issue. Then i will share your issue to our developer team to fix the issue.

-Thanks

Christian Scherer
Christian Scherer
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #102935

Sorry, was on a business trip yesterday.

URL and access data to follow in hidden content.

Thanks for taking action :-)

Kind regards - Chris

BP
Bruce Paine
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #102960

Thanks Chris. It's best the support team check your site. Mine appears to be stable at the moment. A day or so ago, I shared my admin access via an earlier forum post on the same topic. The site was inspected but remained error free, worked perfectly the whole time. Feedback was the suggestion that the host server might have been down. I'm guessing that if a server's inability to satisfy all requests, would cause slower response times and components not acting normally. But that's just a slightly educated guess.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #103247

@Christian Scherer If you use CloudFlare ssl certificate then you need to disable the rocket loader from there. Or Will you please check your site localhost for work or not. Thanks

Christian Scherer
Christian Scherer
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #103421

@Toufiq:

I neither use CloudFlare SSL nor the RocketLoader, it is an "ordinary" LetsEncrypt certificate for SSL. Access to Website was granted for you and is still active. Saw, that you logged in yesterday. Any other suggestions? Thanks

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #103618

@Christian Scherer Uninstall the template of Helix Ultimate and reinstall the template. I hope problem will be solve. Thanks