Php 8.1 Helixultimate - Question | JoomShaper

Php 8.1 Helixultimate

I

Ionut

Helix Framework 1 year ago

Hello, When Helix Ultimate will become available for pho 8.1?

When installing the template on Joomla! 4.2.6 with PHP 8.1, I get an error in the frontend saying:

Deprecated: json_decode(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($json) of type string is deprecated in /var/www/html/templates/helixultimate/features/logo.php on line 60

Thanks

5 Answers
Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #101709

Hi.

Just advice. Always use the penultimate version of PHP, since any software is updated to the latest version of PHP much slower than this version is published. This applies not only to Helix but also to completely any extensions and Joomla itself. Do not strive to use the latest version of PHP. The latest version of PHP is usually designed for developers but not for production sites.

I
Ionut
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #101711

I understand, but is there a fix for this?

Thanks

And second, please fix your editor for mobile use. Always when i want to write, will double the text.

Cheers

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #101716

It was just the advice from the user to the user.

I am not an employee of Joomshaper.

‏‏‎ ‎J‏‏‎‎e‏‎‏‏‎‎n‏‏‎‎s W.‏‏‎
‏‏‎ ‎J‏‏‎‎e‏‎‏‏‎‎n‏‏‎‎s W.‏‏‎
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #102431

Hello Ionut,

If possible, please open the configuration of Helix Ultimate first.
https://www.joomshaper.com/documentation/helix-framework/helix-ultimate-2/presets
Select a preset there and save.
Then the message should disappear.

Or you can add a query as temporary solution, which will check if there is any json to decode and prevents this message until helix ulitmate gets a update.
But I don't know if there are any additional problems with 8.1.

https://github.com/JoomShaper/helix-ultimate/blob/master/templates/shaper_helixultimate/features/logo.php#L60

$presetVars = [];
if( !empty($this->params->get('preset')) ){
    $presetVars = (array) json_decode($this->params->get('preset'));
}

I am also not an employee of Joomshaper.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #102719

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting us. Sorry for the inconvenience. Will you please provide me the Joomla administrator access to check the issue? I will check & get back to you soon. 

-Thanks